NH-D15

AllenjetVI

Hello guys i just want to ask if the noctua NH-D15 is compatible with my Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2. and Gskill Ripjaws X. :33 

I already searched the internet and i think it will fit?  but im not sure about my ram clearance. will the D15 still fit on my case if i move the first fan higher to give way for my ripjaws? I just wanna make sure before i buy the cooler thanks guys! sorry for my english btw. :3

Allen~

Pretty sure it fits the case, the ram WILL NOT fit if you have a fan above it

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

What if i move the fan higher? 

ill just go for D14 then :3

Ensure your motherboard is compatible too. It can be an issue with SFF motherboards.

NH-D15

NH-D14

As I recall they purposely added a lot of space for RAM modules in the D15. Given that they include 2 fans but the cooler has 3 slots, you can always move the outside fan to the opposite side, no issues.

Given a relative similarity in price, I'd go for the D15 if possible.

What if i move the fan higher? 

ill just go for D14 then :3

Highest is 37mm I believe, (check noctua site) but your ram is 40mm tall

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

Pretty sure it fits the case, the ram WILL NOT fit if you have a fan above it

No, it fits just fine. Ripjaws fit underneath the D14 which has worse clearance than the D15.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.