Work in Progress (pc build)

BroliviaWilde

Linus did invite people to "show off" their pc build - haha, actually I'll have pictures up later to get opinions on how to improve cable management

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor - not OC, but will soon

Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer 81.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory - a must have for video editing

Samsung Spinpoint M8 500GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive - old laptop broke, I pulled it for a second HD for this build

Seagate Momentus XT 750GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - hybrid drive, lot faster than I thought it would be :)

Diamond Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card

Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case - description of item online lies, it is a mid-tower

Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Asus VH238H 23.0" Monitor

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Razer TRON Wired Gaming Keyboard

Razer Imperator - Battlefield 3 edition

Rock On!

Looks good! ;)

One thing though, the CAS latency is more important than the memory speed when it comes to video editing and such. For gaming the speed is more important.

(Comming soon)

photos of m cable management. can only do so much with what is there, haha

post-3915-13667861138425_thumb.jpg

post-3915-13667861139527_thumb.jpg

post-3915-13667861140648_thumb.jpg

post-3915-13667861141753_thumb.jpg

post-3915-13667861454699_thumb.jpg

Rock On!

Ahhh your cables D:

Looks good! ;)

One thing though, the CAS latency is more important than the memory speed when it comes to video editing and such. For gaming the speed is more important.

Actually, I was referring to the amount of RAM for editing, not the speed. I haven't OC the cpu or anything yet. I've been researching good methods on how to OC, so for now the cas is still at 9 across the board for a 1333 speed on the memory, which is decent from what I understand. meh, I know 16 is a bit of overkill, but when the wife gives the go ahead on spending the money, why not, right? lol

Rock On!

Looks good! ;)

ahh, yahr ok..

Right, you have to spend some money when she finally gives green light.. :)

(Comming soon)

Tip: route all of your power cables throough the back, it will make it much neater, you have 1 going over the mobo directly from the psu, loop that around.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Tip: route all of your power cables throough the back, it will make it much neater, you have 1 going over the mobo directly from the psu, loop that around.
I have to see about getting some extension cables first. The ones that are in the picture are just not long enough to go behind the mb. But that could take awhile, my wife would have a fit if I spent anymore money on that pc, haha

Rock On!

• 2 weeks later...
I am such a dunce, lol. I realized that I installed my PSU with the fan facing up! Flipped it over with fan down over the vent and now that one cable is just long enough to reach around behind the MB

Rock On!

cables :o but good job anyway!
| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)