What was good about Bad company?

I read an article, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-24-dice-ponders-what-did-people-really-like-about-battlefield-bad-company. Karl-Magnus Troedsson from Dice said in an interview:

"There were some people who were saying, 'why are you building Hardline? You should build Bad Company 3 instead."

"We take all this into account when we think about the future, and do franchise strategy," Troedsson said. "But there's one thing that lingers with Bad Company that we've been asking ourselves: what is it that the people really liked about Bad Company?"

I like the bad company games alot better than the newer ones, What do  you think?, what made bad company better?

How should they make bad company 3?

Bad Company was great! Free DLC, $14.99 Expansion, On Steam, Now look at the new Battlefield 4 Expansion $59.99 for Hardline.. Come on EA... You were good once.

Bad company 1 was simple and rush worked well for the game mechanics

combine BC1 and BC2 and you might have something great again

-good maps

-mid-high ttk

-rush mechanics from bc1

-no infantry or vehicle perks

-no 3d spotting unless enemy is visible to the player

-no health or armor regeneration for vehicles/infantry

-only sight changing for weapons (the rest could just be aesthetics)

-5 classes (specops/antitank/support/assault/recon) 

-----specops   c4, assault rifles/carbines/smgs, access to silencers, tracer dart

-----antitank smgs/shotguns, rockets, mines

-----support carbine, medic bag, repair tool

-----assault assault rifles/lmgs, ammo, gl

-----recon sniper rifles/dmrs, binoculars, claymore, motion sensor (bc2 style)

the story was the highlight for me, as well as having good environments and level design etc, gunplay

Looking for a job

Vietnam dlc was only good thing about it. IMO they went wrong when they made BC2 for PC. And Hardline isn't DICE made so it shouldn't even deserve Battlefield branding. BC2 maps were decent but still too small for PC version and for that amount of players. Design wasn't that great. Most were imbalanced and/or annoying. Maybe because it was first to use static bases for teams. Bad idea in general since it makes baserape situations more common.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The campaign characters were ridiculous. Too often have I played the "gritty" and "hardcore" military games that I don't want the same thing that I could get in another generic shooter. Bad Company was fun, lighthearted (with some serious tones on occasion), and overall more enjoyable.