The Shocking Orange - By Zombie Mods.

ALXAndy

I bought four of them :D

Just nabbed the last ssd :P

Yeah my friend got one. Guy seems honest and decent enough. Looks like he uses them in masses.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I bought four of them :D

Yeah my friend got one. Guy seems honest and decent enough. Looks like he uses them in masses.

Lucky gonna use mine in my overheating 350m laptop, How'd you find it and are ya enjoying the weather? :P

Steve

Lucky gonna use mine in my overheating 350m laptop

RAID for me (crosses fingers) I'm sure they'll scream in RAID 0.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

RAID for me (crosses fingers) I'm sure they'll scream in RAID 0.

On my laptop im coming from a seagate momentus 5400 rpm :D

Steve

You're so lucky

I only got one, i wanna know how he find out :P

Steve

You're so lucky

Well they're notoriously unreliable but tbh? even if one works I'll be happy. £40 for a half decent 60gb SSD is about the going rate any way.

I only got one, i wanna know how he find out :P

I was hawking dude. I've found some other branded ones cheap too, but gonna keep that under wraps. They are plan B.

I saw Some force's also 60gb for 18$ only used :(

No No No

I saw Some force's also 60gb for 18$ only used :(

That's a good price. If I'm honest I would rather they were used, as, if they are working fine then there's less risk of failure. I have had three SSDs die on me since they first came out. First up was a Patriot P100, it was terrible. That was replaced though, and worked great.

Then I had a Corsair F60 die. After a lot of arguing with Corsair they replaced it, DOA. Then they sent another, then another. So I ended up with two.

Then last summer my step daughter was gaming away on the 670 SLI rig and it just froze. Rebooted, no SSD. It was a F120. I sold it 'as is' as I couldn't be bothered with the RMA pain again. Corsair are in The Netherlands, and it costs about £14 to send them an SSD. False economy on smaller drives.

Then at their own will they demand invoices etc etc. It was only that I went on the Corsair forum and spoke to Ramguy that it was replaced, but certainly not the glowing warranty every one seems to bang on about.

If you want a reliable SSD then IMO the only company you can turn to is Intel. I've had three now and I've treated them horribly, and they all fight on. They're expensive per GB and sometimes slower than the masses, but they're bullet proof.

Drives should be here tomorrow. Update coming soon :)

Drives to be delivered this morning. He sent them Special Delivery so it's pretty much guaranteed.

In the mean time I have ordered some 1/2 inch coils in silver to fit over the hoses.

_12.jpg

Those should look quite nice. The rig has lots of silver in it (Titans, Dominator etc) so should look pretty cool.

Ooo yeah. Still sealed at both ends, brand spankers :D

IMG_0007.jpg

Well for right now I am connecting them up one at a time. Then I'm running ATTO, then I will label them with numbers 1-4.

Once I'm happy they all check out OK I will RAID them. Problem is, EVGA SATA runs only have 3 connectors and sod's law I'm on the last bloody one :( so I'll have to order a splitter. I've got SATA cables, black ones with white ends but purple sharpie will sort those out for me when it arrives ;)

OK, drive one tested and benched..

drive1.jpg

Time for more testing :)

OK, so that was a pretty stressful and hot and bothersome hour. However, it's in...

So first up I had to rewire my entire PC on the SATA ports. Everything had to be moved onto the Asmedia controller, so that the Intel RSTE one was free. It took a while, but I got it there. First though I tested out all of the drives to make sure they were kosher.

drive1.jpg

Drive 2

drive2.jpg

Drive 3

drive3.jpg

Drive 4

drive4.jpg

OK so they all work as they should, all formatted OK and all bench fine. Then it was into bios to enable the RAID controller. I set it to RSTE 3.6. Then I pressed CTRL I to enter the set up, setting up the stripe was an absolute doddle.

setup.jpg

Quick format, and the drive was showing up and ready.

stripe.jpg

The results? breathtaking tbh.

stripebench.jpg

/Cartman. Hooooly fuckin' shitballs dude !

OK, so that was a pretty stressful and hot and bothersome hour. However, it's in...

So first up I had to rewire my entire PC on the SATA ports. Everything had to be moved onto the Asmedia controller, so that the Intel RSTE one was free. It took a while, but I got it there. First though I tested out all of the drives to make sure they were kosher.

Drive 2

Drive 3

Drive 4

OK so they all work as they should, all formatted OK and all bench fine. Then it was into bios to enable the RAID controller. I set it to RSTE 3.6. Then I pressed CTRL I to enter the set up, setting up the stripe was an absolute doddle.

Quick format, and the drive was showing up and ready.

The results? breathtaking tbh.

/Cartman. Hooooly fuckin's shitballs dude !

is that GB/s read? :o

is that GB/s read? :o

Yup lmao

that's impressive, how fast does your OS load off it? xD

Not on it. I have an 80gb Intel, one that I trust. That carries my OS and save games, the games can be installed onto the stripe. I have 70mb internet, so downloading them again if the stripe fails takes less than an hour.

I won't trust it with any important data tbh.

Not on it. I have an 80gb Intel, one that I trust. That carries my OS and save games, the games can be installed onto the stripe. I have 70mb internet, so downloading them again if the stripe fails takes less than an hour.

I won't trust it with any important data tbh.

when i find a flat imma get dat virgin media 152mb/s because why not xD

when i find a flat imma get dat virgin media 152mb/s because why not xD

Good luck getting what speeds your supposed to get im stuck on 5 mb/s even though i should be getting a lot more. 

Steve