Looking to learn networking

Hi guys and girls!

I was wanting to know if there are some good resources to build myself a knowledge of networking.

Some time down the road I'll be in charge of networking my new home and I need to know all the nuts and bolts behind home networking.

Is there a good book I should read, how do I know what components to buy, how do I set them up and configure them etc. ?

I'm a complete networking noob as of now all I know is they're a series of tubes, I'm not that bad, but I'm pretty bad.

I've had lots of experience with just general PC hardware and I'm quite knowledgeable in that regard but I've never pondered in networking.

Reckon you could give me some helpful resources to get me hooked?

Cheers!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

youtube is always an amazing resource for learning almost anything

I learned how to build my computer, overclock my CPU, even trouble shoot some problems from youtube

I just searched on youtube for "networking basics" and found tons of videos that seem helpful

its worth a shot

youtube is always an amazing resource for learning almost anything

I learned how to build my computer, overclock my CPU, even trouble shoot some problems from youtube

I just searched on youtube for "networking basics" and found tons of videos that seem helpful

its worth a shot

I would totally agree with this. I've learned way to many things on youtube XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

i started with making game server like mine craft, days ect

then i moved on to a file server then web server the my sql server then  MS domain server dhcp,dns