How to Maximize Single Screen AMD EyeFinity

DutchRawr

Hello all,

I made AMD Eyefinity 3 screen (3x 22"' LED) with XFX 7970 DD 3GB card ) Everything works fine but how can i Maximize Single Screen if i open Example Explorer and maximize it then its opens on 3 screens is there a tool or fix to make it to single screen ?

Same for Youtube if i wanna watch a video and Maximize  it left and right screen black out and center full screen so cant do nothing with left and right screen cause the video usses it for the video so cant multitask while watching a video or open a map / Browser

Please help 

Please help 

Eyefinity makes it so all three monitors act as if you're on one monitor, hence why the taskbar spans across them. So you're technically maximizing it like it should be. To make it only maximize on one screen you have to disable Eyefinity.

I just extend the desktop to other monitors rather than creating an Eyefinity display, make it far easier to use multiple windows.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I just extend the desktop to other monitors rather than creating an Eyefinity display, make it far easier to use multiple windows.

That breaks three monitor gaming though I assume?

Its possible with Nvidia 

thanks for fast answers 

That breaks three monitor gaming though I assume?

Yea but it's quick to enable the Eyefinity display in CCC when you want to game across three monitors.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Yea but it's quick to enable the Eyefinity display in CCC when you want to game across three monitors.

I guess you don't know me well enough yet, I'm extremely lazy :D

Hello all,

I made AMD Eyefinity 3 screen (3x 22"' LED) with XFX 7970 DD 3GB card ) Everything works fine but how can i Maximize Single Screen if i open Example Explorer and maximize it then its opens on 3 screens is there a tool or fix to make it to single screen ?

Same for Youtube if i wanna watch a video and Maximize  it left and right screen black out and center full screen so cant do nothing with left and right screen cause the video usses it for the video so cant multitask while watching a video or open a map / Browser

Please help 

Check this video, not sure this has the answer or not.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/multi_display_software/powerdesk/

You can create separate cells within the displays of the spanned desktop using the Matrox PowerDesk program. It will allow you to maximize a window in a defined cell.

64bit - http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/download/?id=421

32bit - http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/download/?id=420

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I guess you don't know me well enough yet, I'm extremely lazy :D

Haha it's only a few clicks though. I find it much more convenient having the monitors extended rather than in Eyefinity then enabling Eyefinity when needed. Personal preference though I suppose :)

Doesn't displayfusion do that?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

• 1 month later...

You do not need multiple profiles nor third party utilities for the ability to maximize screens to one desktop AND play games full screen with Eyefinity enabled.

Rule 1: Do NOT use the Windows display properties.

Here is what I did to make it work.

Use CCC ONLY (I am using 14.4 but it worked with 13 as well).

In the CCC use advanced mode (Set in preferences) - turn off HydraGrid under Hydravision if you have it installed.

Go to Desktop Management-> and set your monitors to extended with the proper arrangement of monitors. Once you have a primary and extended monitor(s) go to Hydravision.

Select Desktop Manager and insure it is enabled and you should have the ability to uncheck Allow spanning across displays. (I went ahead and selected maximize to window corners first.)

Now go create your Eyefinity group and arrange it.

You should now be able to maximize windows to individual displays.

Do not double click the top of the app window to maximize the first time, use the button. If you do before you have maximized to one display, it will span the displays and you will have to window it down and then hit the maximize button anyway.

With this setup I can stretch windows across displays. Games play in FS (WOW, CRYSIS 3, BATTLEFIELD4, CoD)

The one caveat I have noticed is if you are watching video on the web and you want to maximize the video across all displays, you HAVE to hit full screen in the video player with the web browser or app windowed. If you maximize it on a monitor, the video will try to maximize to your full resolution but only on one monitor.

This works with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1

Good Luck!