R9 290 1x?

sdhdok

My graphics card is in the 16x slot of my motherbord the gigabyte 787x d3h  yet no matter what i do cpu-z only shows    link width: 1x       max supported: 16x
I'm at my wits end, to top it off my pci e wifi adapter is loosing signal strength and seems screwed as well
I have a loud antec 620 watt high current gamer psu, that seems like the fan bearing is screwed up
And to top it all off this PC is only 5 months old FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE HELP ME 

My graphics card is in the 16x slot of my motherbord the gigabyte 787x d3h  yet no matter what i do cpu-z only shows    link width: 1x       max supported: 16x

I'm at my wits end, to top it off my pci e wifi adapter is loosing signal strength and seems screwed as well

I have a loud antec 620 watt high current gamer psu, that seems like the fan bearing is screwed up

And to top it all off this PC is only 5 months old FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE HELP ME 

Is the PCIe slot your graphics card is in set to 16x in the BIOS?

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Is the PCIe slot your graphics card is in set to 16x in the BIOS?

Do you know where the option for that would be?

Do you know where the option for that would be?

Dunno, take a look around?

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Dunno, take a look around?

all i could find was pci slot configuration and that would only let me select 1x or 4x

all i could find was pci slot configuration and that would only let me select 1x or 4x

Is the graphics card loaded when your checking? most modern system will dynamically change the multiplier based on current needs, if i check mine at idle its 1x yet if i check when a game has it pinned its ful 16x

Is the graphics card loaded when your checking? most modern system will dynamically change the multiplier based on current needs, if i check mine at idle its 1x yet if i check when a game has it pinned its ful 16x

Just tested with tomb raider, seems to be bumping up to 16x when i play games

Well at least it's a non issue now  :D 

Don't suppose you'd know how i'd go about determining if my pcie wifi card is messed up, or if its the wireless modem?

When i go to device manager and disable than reenable my wifi card some times it goes back up yo full bars connectivity, but when i unplug and replug my modem the bars also go up to 100 percent. i have no idea whats wrong.

Just tested with tomb raider, seems to be bumping up to 16x when i play games

Well at least it's a non issue now  :D 

Don't suppose you'd know how i'd go about determining if my pcie wifi card is messed up, or if its the wireless modem?

When i go to device manager and disable than reenable my wifi card some times it goes back up yo full bars connectivity, but when i unplug and replug my modem the bars also go up to 100 percent. i have no idea whats wrong.

sadly wifi isnt my strong area, sorry man

sadly wifi isnt my strong area, sorry man

No worries i'll shoot by troubleshooting and see if they can help.

Thanks for putting my graphics card fears to rest