Is HDMI limited to 30fps in gaming?

Pajamasam

It will be 60Hz throughput because HDMI has enough bandwidth to display 1080p at 60Hz, but not 4K at 60Hz yet.

Quote me to get a reply!

No, the cable wont limit the FPS that you experience in game.

outside of a game could it?

I have an ASUS V247H-P and I use C2G HDMI cable and get 60 on demanding games and 300 on low demanding games. They don't limit your FPS.

You probably mistakened it for refresh rate. Basically it's your monitor only able to show 60 frames in one second because its refresh rate is 60 Hz.

outside of a game could it?

No, as long as the signal is 1080p and is at 60Hz, it will stay it 60Hz no matter what. The only way it could change is if you change a setting in the monitor which made it 60Hz.

Quote me to get a reply!

no but if you aren't using a pc you likely aren't gaming at 60 fps anyways

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Your Desktop reslution is displaying 60 refresh's a second, regardless of playing a game or not.

The only way windows changes from 60hz to something else is if YOU set it that way via Desktop monitor properties.

By default its 60hz for most monitors.

My TV however defaults to 50hz in Windows and I change it to 60hz (within windows) and its good to go.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz