Upgrading PC Need Help

Harbz

Hey guys, im looking to upgrade my PC but im not sure what to Upgrade other than the Graphics, i want to be able to play the latest games on Max settings and get at least 60FPS(BF3, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, and others...). And also i will be using a lot of CPU intensive Programs such as CATIA, Adobe... and others.

Specs -

CPU - i7 930 @ Stock Speeds

Cooler - Noctua NH-D14

Mobo - Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Ram - Corsair XMS 3 6GB 1333Hz

Graphics - ATI Radeon 5770

PSU - Corsair HX 750 v2

Case - HAF 932

Do you feel restricted by your current CPU? If so, upgrade your Motherboard and CPU > Ivy Bridge ( or wait for IBE ). Do you feel like your graphics card is restricting you, are you getting low frames at the moment which makes your experience worse? If so, upgrade your GFX card. What's your budget aswell? :)

That CPU is epic, so leave that but overclock it. But I would suggest an aesthetic upgrade, such as upgrading the case to maybe a corsair 900D (when it comes out) or a TJ07 or TJ11.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Hmm, tbh speed wise im not too bothered, i mean the i7 930 is still good i guess, i can just overclock it using software (IM A NOOB) whenever i feel i need the extra power :D. Graphics wise i get around 40FPS in BF3 at Medium settings in 1080P, so i guess ill change that. my Budget is £700. Any Graphics card u would suggest? I was looking into getting two GTX 670 FTW's and beasting it out :D, but also would my PSU be powerful enough ?

I would suggest crossfire 7970 if you really want to spend £650 on graphics cards, having said that, one 7970 would run games on high easily. Yes, your power supply would be fine for SLI / Crossfire

Sorry for double post, but i want to change to case to something a little bit more silent, like a Fractal R4, if the Mobo will fit lol :D

Ahh ok thanks, as for my budget that includes buying a new case, so i may have to stick with one GFX card only :(

Do you know if my Motherboard will fit in a Fractal Design Define R4? Or are there better Silenter(than the HAF) cases out there?

Sorry for double post' date=' but i want to change to case to something a little bit more silent, like a Fractal R4, if the Mobo will fit lol :D[/quote']

Your motherboard will be able to fit in the R4, plus it's a nice case :D

Last question, would u suggest a Mobo and Ram Upgrade too? and which Mobo would to recommend if they still make x58 mobos lol :D