Next NVIDIA Gpu's?

rolotcw

When is the next line of NVIDIA Gpu's coming out? The 700 series or whatever they are calling it, I can't find any news.

Case- Cooler Master Haf X
CPU- i7 2600k @ 4.4
CPU cooler- Nzxt Kraken x40 in push pull with Noctua NF-A14 fans
MB- Asus Sabethooth z77
Memory- 16gb Corsair Vengance @ 1866mgz
SSD- Vertex 4 256gb
Second Storage- WD Caviar Black 2tb
Power Supply- OCZ ZX 850w
GPU- Asus Strix Geforce 980
Sound Card- Asus Xonar DX
Opt. Drive- Pioneer Blu-Ray Burner
Monitor- Asus ROG Swift
Windows 7

I believe it's a refresh of the kepler series with roughly 30% performance increase over the 600 series. Of course that's just rumoured

No one knows for sure ( outside nVidia ), but normally, they release a couple months AFTER AMD. AMD are set to release late Q1, early Q2 this year. So, at a guess, around May or June possibly.

Depends on which rumours you believe, Ive talked to one person who thinks that nVidia isnt going to release anything this year because they haven't released anything yet. Other people think the high end cards like 780 and 770 will be coming out around march. Nothing concrete has been released yet which is annoying, I'm guessing when the GPU conference comes around in March if nVidia hasn't released any information or cards by then thats when were either gonna find out or they suprise us and start shipping cards. My money's on them just releasing information on it all then.

700 series is the GK110. Right now, Nvidia releases it as an exclusive for its Telsa series GPUs. This suggests that producing this GPU, provides the company a low successful yield, making he GPU cost too much. There is also a nice long list of back orders for the Tesla GPU (I forgot which site reported that). Nvidia makes massive amount of money on Tesla and Quadro.. series GPUs, this is the main revenue for the company, not really gaming (well, not so much since CUDA). So, selling GK110 as GeFroce instead is silly at best. I mean think about it, each Tesla costs several thousands of dollars which companies have no problem getting as they really need the GPU. If they make it a GeForce out of it, they would have to sell it at competitive pricing, for consumer level... so 500$already the 690 is not selling well due to its 1k price tag. That is a fraction of the profits compared to Tesla, especially that it probably cost Nvidia a fortune to have the GPU produced due to low yield in the first place.

Does it mean that Nvidia will never release 700 series? No, don't be silly. This is nothing new for AMD and Nvidia. When such situation like this occurs, the company is hard at work trying to solve he yielding problem, and at the time make the GPU even more powerful by tweaking it. Essentially preparing a reply to AMD's Radeon 8000 series (assuming it ends up being better than the current generation, which is usually the case... as that would be silly to release something that isn't).

Thanks for all the input guys

Case- Cooler Master Haf X
CPU- i7 2600k @ 4.4
CPU cooler- Nzxt Kraken x40 in push pull with Noctua NF-A14 fans
MB- Asus Sabethooth z77
Memory- 16gb Corsair Vengance @ 1866mgz
SSD- Vertex 4 256gb
Second Storage- WD Caviar Black 2tb
Power Supply- OCZ ZX 850w
GPU- Asus Strix Geforce 980
Sound Card- Asus Xonar DX
Opt. Drive- Pioneer Blu-Ray Burner
Monitor- Asus ROG Swift
Windows 7

Ive heard of a 685 and 695 which are supposed to be a single and dual gk110....
thats not correct.

nvidia does not come out with xx5 series of cards, and will never update a dual gpu card, and it would be a bad move vor their 700 series. so get that idea out of your mind ;)

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Ive heard of a 685 and 695 which are supposed to be a single and dual gk110....
better check the 200 and 400 gtx series