280x Not booting to OS. Post error on screen shows 0_

D3VIL

Hi

I just bought an ASUS r9 280X GPU but facing some problem

When I first boot the system I get the intel splash screen. If I leave the system alone, it goes to a BLACK SCREEN (Not Blank Screen) with a 0_ in the bottom right hand corner . On the actual motherboard, I get 00 on the LED display.

I have tried to do is Boot to a Bootable USB and/or Bootable DVD

I simply select the USB or DVD. What happens? As soon as I press the enter key on my keyboard, a little 0 pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the monitor. The system does not even attempt to process my command to boot to the media. It's like it is predetermined that it will not boot no matter what I do.

I was told that 00 on the LED means the board is in normal boot state and that there may be a problem with the board. I have no other tricks up my sleeve when it comes to making this board boot. I have removed all unnecessary devices and tried the most basic boot to no luck.

GPU have no problem , already rmed brand new card - shopkeeper checked new card in front of me on his system and it boots up fine...

System Details :-

Previous GPU: Nvidia 9500 GT (Boots up fine)

Desktop Board: DZ68ZV

Previous BIOS: Default

Current BIOS:  BGP6710J.86A

Power Supply: CORSAIR AX750

Processor: Intel i7-2600k

Memory: Kingston Hyperx 9905403 (432.A00LF,400.A00LF) 4 GB x 2

Operating System: Windows 7 Proffesion 64-bit

SSD: Samsung 840 120 GB

Reset bios, search for this:

2celn37.jpg

Also change the uefi boot mode: disable if enabled and viceversa.

Don't forget to remove every single storage device other than SSD and USB Install.

Try to copy the Windows iso content to MBR formatted SSD (root C partition) on other PC and boot from SSD without USB Stick in non uefi mode. (try this if anything else doesn't work)

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Can you hit delete and enter the bios?

Yes , evertything works fine till os boot stats.

Reset bios, search for this:

Also change the uefi boot mode: disable if enabled and viceversa.

Don't forget to remove every single storage device other than SSD and USB Install.

Try to copy the Windows iso content to MBR formatted SSD (root C partition) on other PC and boot from SSD without USB Stick in non uefi mode. (try this if anything else doesn't work)

Ok will try that. :)

Yes , evertything works fine till os boot stats.

Then try resetting bios to defaults and see if Windows loads.

• 2 months later...

Tried every possible ways still no luck :/

• 11 months later...
solve the problem ....
I have a MSI R9 285 and had the problem when trying to enter 0_ windows
INTEL have a maimboard DP55KG with i7 875K processor, had a card HD 4500 video q worked well and decided to buy the R9 285
as I had installed windows just put the new card and stayed after the Intel logo 0_
According to Intel 0_ it is not a mistake but that Windows is ready to begin ... and it's true but that was not what happened
after many attempts and a big disappointment because I thought I was going to use that card, I decided to sell it ... but one day it occurred to me to test more ..
provided that tests only connected to the monitor, mouse, keyboard and nothing more ... but that day also connect the speakers
and I came out the same 0 _... but I had connected a pendrive and remove note that the speakers sound emitted when a device is removed in Windows
That was when I realized that Windows was operating, but for some reason did not send the monitor image ... was when I realized that the whole problem is that these cards to be connected to a port shipped 2.0 being 3.0 at 600 x 400 monitor which does not recognize now ... solution? remotely from another machine connected to the Internet and the problem also connected to the internet you do it is connect via teamveawer to install the drivers for the new card remotely solved ... and VOILA ...
note ... this will solve long tube penalty but hehe units and therefore share the hehe solution it is that nobody says this in any forum AHH POR CIERTO.. SOY LATINO, SORRY X LO TRADUCIDO

solucione el problema....

tengo una MSI R9 285 y tenia el problema del 0_ al intentar ingresar a windows

tengo un maimboard INTEL DP55Kg con un procesador i7 875K, tenia una tarjeta de video HD 4500 q funcionaba bien y decidi comprar la R9 285

como ya tenia instalado windows solo puse la tarjeta nueva y se quedaba después del logo de INTEL en 0_

segun Intel 0_ no es un error sino que windows esta preparado para iniciar... y es cierto pero eso no era lo que pasaba

después de muchos intento y una decepción grande porque pensé que iba poder usar esa tarjeta, decidí venderla... pero un día se me ocurrió hacer una prueba mas..

siempre que hacia las pruebas solo conectaba el monitor, mouse, teclado y nada mas... pero ese día también conecte los parlantes 

y me salia el mismo 0_... pero yo tenia conectado un pendrive y al sacarlo note que los parlantes emitieron el sonido de cuando se quita un dispositivo en windows

fue cuando me di cuenta que windows estaba operativo, pero que por algún motivo no enviaba imagen al monitor... fue cuando me di cuenta que todo el problema es que estas tarjetas al ser conectadas a un puerto 2.0 siendo 3.0 envían una resolución de 600 x 400 cosa que un monitor de ahora no reconoce... solución? remotamente desde otra maquina conectada a internet y la del problema también conectada al internet lo que hacemos es mediante teamveawer conectarnos para instalar los drivers de la tarjeta nueva remotamente... y VOILA... solucionado 

nota... esto lo solucione hace tiempo pero jeje tube pena de uds y por eso comparto la solución jeje y es que nadie dice esto en ningún foro and I am LATINO :)

ahh forget me say that the solution has to be installed above windows mind with another video card and uninstall the driver before this process and there q have TeamViewer installed on both machines knowing the password you have problems ... both have to be connected to internet and the bad news is that if we can not fix these things and what's worse ... no machine can format the problems with this board installed all explained above, since to do so would first format the machine with other compatible graphics card "2.0" and put the teamviewer and after that make the process

ahh me olvide decir que la solución necesita tener instalado windows anterior mente con otra tarjeta de video y desinstalar los driver antes de este proceso y que hay q tener el teamviewer instalado en ambas maquinas sabiendo la contraseña de la que tiene problemas... ambas tienen que estar conectadas a internet y la mala noticia es que si no tenemos estas cosas no podremos solucionarlo y lo que es peor aun... no podremos formatear la maquina con problemas con esta tarjeta instalada por todo lo explicado anteriormente, ya que para ello tendríamos que primero formatear la maquina con otra tarjeta gráfica compatible "2.0" y ponerle el teamviewer y después de eso hacer el proceso