How much extra would you pay for thin bezels?

It's poll time! I just acquired two Korean PLS monitors to add to the IPS one I already had for some insane surround action but looking at the thick bezels made me sad :( , which made me wonder "How much are you guys willing to pay extra for a tiny bezel?" It seems like manufacturers are obsessed with making them thinner sideways which doesn't help us, heck I'd be fine with a 6 inch thick monitor if it had 1mm bezels!  :D

I would like to have thin bezels as they look sweet but i don't care for multi monitor setups so it isn't important to me. 

Manufactures are useless at making thin bezels anyway. Even when they do make a really thin bezel you can't fully utilize the full screen area resulting in same problem as large bezel. 

mx04.jpg

Pointless!!!!!

source: http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/MX279H/#overview

If there are other manufactures making "actual" thin bezels then that may be worth but this shit ain't. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I wouldn't pay over $50. I don't mind them that much as I only game on a single monitor. The other monitor comes into use only when I'm programming.

shut-up-and-take-my-money2.jpg

Manufacturers would need to charge more for less or no bezels since there is a higher risk of damaging the panel.

I saw this monitor the other day and it looks like it could be a winner:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=416&products_id=23246&zenid=1439c2b7d6114faf2c6e13b869335d6b

but also might be false advertising like the others we've seen. Looking on LG's product page or on google image search I can't find a real life photo of it at all.

http://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitors/lg-23EA63V

Hopefully we won't be dissapointed!

I saw this monitor the other day and it looks like it could be a winner:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=416&products_id=23246&zenid=1439c2b7d6114faf2c6e13b869335d6b

but also might be false advertising like the others we've seen. Looking on LG's product page or on google image search I can't find a real life photo of it at all.

http://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitors/lg-23EA63V

Hopefully we won't be dissapointed!

Probably a bit shopped..

Interested in Business and Technology

buying a screen just cuz its "thin" you gotta b kidding

i have a 1440x900 @75hz 5ms lg lcd monitor and im happy with it

next monitor is gonna be a 1600p that can be oc'ed to 100hz or just grab a 120hz 1080p monitor, not a single care about thin bazels really

all about the clearity of the images and some other stuff :p

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I am not very interested in eyefinity, so I don'T really care, for a 2 monitor setup that isn't for gaming, it doesn't really matter. But for an eyefinity setup, I would pay extra.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

buying a screen just cuz its "thin" you gotta b kidding

i have a 1440x900 @75hz 5ms lg lcd monitor and im happy with it

next monitor is gonna be a 1600p that can be oc'ed to 100hz or just grab a 120hz 1080p monitor, not a single care about thin bazels really

all about the clearity of the images and some other stuff :P

For those that want to game in surround, thick bezels really break the immersion it gives you except maybe on racing games where you can just make yourself believe the bezels are park of the vehicle.

I mean in all reality you could just remove the bezel I was "trying" to fix a monitor (it had something like a frequency interference running though it) and when I took the bezel off the monitor was quite thin. I even kind of liked the gray mettle look that the "new bezel" had. If you didn't like it you could just paint it or you could fabricate your own bezel if you were so inclined. Something like brushed Aluminum that runs just over the gray suport brace for the panel

I mean in all reality you could just remove the bezel I was "trying" to fix a monitor (it had something like a frequency interference running though it) and when I took the bezel off the monitor was quite thin. I even kind of liked the gray mettle look that the "new bezel" had. If you didn't like it you could just paint it or you could fabricate your own bezel if you were so inclined. Something like brushed Aluminum that runs just over the gray suport brace for the panel

If you want to void the warranty, technically you can. On displays with glass screens, you will find it much more challenging to take it the bezels off.

If you want to void the warranty, technically you can. On displays with glass screens, you will find it much more challenging to take it the bezels off.

True I had not taking into account those points. But on the few monitors I have taken a part there would be no way of telling that you had taken the bezel off. However, they were some older Dell ones. I agree with you I would not want to void my warranty on a high end monitor.

True I had not taking into account those points. But on the few monitors I have taken a part there would be no way of telling that you had taken the bezel off. However, they were some older Dell ones. I agree with you I would not want to void my warranty on a high end monitor.

You'd be surprised at how some manufacturers are very crafty in hiding the warranty seals on their products.