Ncotua problem

alek

today i installed my noctua nf f12 PWM fans on my h100i to replace the stock fans and now my cpu runs 10 degrees hotter wtf.

Did you check your fan speeds?

yeah i put them at 1100 as i did the same for the stock fans

Did you re-mount your block while installing the fans?

Did you re-mount your block while installing the fans?

no i didnt even take the block off its really weird.

I'm sorry but aside from the painfully obvious, there's not much I can think of.

Was the ambient temperature in the room 10 degrees hotter than when you recorded the old CPU temperature?

yeah i put them at 1100 as i did the same for the stock fans

Put them on max, they aren't loud. 

Also there's no temp difference between stock fans and noctuas. Noctua slightly looses by 1-2 degrees, at least that's how it was for me (H70).

Usually people replace stock to noctua not for performance, but for for silence.

Connect fans straight to motherboard separetly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

are they turned around the right way? it could affect the temps if its pulling/pushing hot air through

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

are they turned around the right way? it could affect the temps if its pulling/pushing hot air through

Push or pull both wield the same temperatures 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

He was talking about taking air in from the top, you kind sir should plug the fans into some pwm headers on the mobo

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v