GeForce 9600GT and Intel I5 3570K?

findecko

Hello , i got this cpu, my old cpu was intel e5300 dual core, i would like to ask u what do you think how much perfomance increase will i get in gaming with my new cpu and old graphic card?

Pretty hard to say. I would recommend buying a new graphics card as well, to get the best out of your CPU.

Although in CPU heavy games I think you would notice a difference, but as it is right now more and more games get more GPU heavy, and less and less CPU heavy.

Performance won't increase much, you might see an increase in RTS games where AI CPU usage is high, in FPS games there will be little difference :) Upgrade that GPU to a 7870 or 660Ti and you will have a killer system!

If you're playing a source engine game, or something like Starcraft II and you don't mind playing on low graphic settings your performance will increase. If you're playing nearly anything else your performance will barely change.

Like others said, the performance increase if you'd just upgraded the CPU would be almost 0. There would be a noticable increase in CPU intensive apps/games. I suggest getting a new GPU as well (if you can expand your budget) :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile