Curved gtx 970 gigabyte windforce

PWforPower
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
8 minutes ago, PWforPower said:

I today bought GIGABYTE GTX 970 WindForce 3X OC from guy who today posted ad and I was first ad viewer, so I bought it.

It was only 70$, butttt it is curved like on photo image.thumb.png.671db53be7de5e70c89ab27776159043.png

and it perfectly works, temps ok, all okay, all infromation provided from seller to me, so he will get negative feedback if something isnt as he said, on his 8000 positive feedback, so it not worth to lay me.

So what do you think about gpu, have you ever seen this before. How could it happen ?

Happens. Gpu sag is common got a strix 970 that was in my little brothers computer that is in the same state and still works fine. Basically if temps are good then it's alright. What you do want to do is support the back of the card so it doesn't bow down more in the case. You can use fishing line, legos, actual gpu bracket that isn't only attached to the back of the case,... Anything really that props the back up a bit so it sits flat.

I today bought GIGABYTE GTX 970 WindForce 3X OC from guy who today posted ad and I was first ad viewer, so I bought it.

It was only 70$, butttt it is curved like on photo image.thumb.png.671db53be7de5e70c89ab27776159043.png

and it perfectly works, temps ok, all okay, all infromation provided from seller to me, so he will get negative feedback if something isnt as he said, on his 8000 positive feedback, so it not worth to lay me.

So what do you think about gpu, have you ever seen this before. How could it happen ?

It happens over time if its sagged, or during shipping. Looks like the PCB is mostly okay, the Cooler though holy fuck is it bent. It seems to be mostly making proper contact and as long as thermals are okay you shouldnt have an issue

8 minutes ago, PWforPower said:

Happens. Gpu sag is common got a strix 970 that was in my little brothers computer that is in the same state and still works fine. Basically if temps are good then it's alright. What you do want to do is support the back of the card so it doesn't bow down more in the case. You can use fishing line, legos, actual gpu bracket that isn't only attached to the back of the case,... Anything really that props the back up a bit so it sits flat.

The older the card, the saggier

Like people...

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad