Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pm128

Vurnelability of Android PiP (picture in picture)

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just realised that you can record streaming services (that are meant to NOT be recorded) by putting them in picture in picture mode. Here is a very short recording of "The Matrix" recorded from Netflix. I think 15 seconds of footage falls under fair use

Edit: actually Netflix removed their no-recording policy, at least in Android. That's weird... Imma test to see if they removed that on desktop too

Edit 2: foregt it, Netflix app is just broken, and that's what is letting me totally break their policy. And it isn't the secreenrec, I can also screenshot any part of film with built in secreenshot thingy. Weird

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

You're right when it comes to Netflix.. I have never updated it since I downloaded it few months ago. Not even that long ago

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

1 minute ago, pm128 said:

You're right when it comes to Netflix.. I have never updated it since I downloaded it few months ago. Not even that long ago

Chances are, that's why. Or maybe like I said, it's the way the recorder works that leads to this. The recorder built in to my phone, does have these "security" features, and it leads to having a black screen in Netflix and Tor.

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

Chances are, that's why. Or maybe like I said, it's the way the app records that leads to this.

Well, in my post I made edit where i said screenshot tool built in my Android lets me screenshot any part of film. Netflix really messed something up with old app versions

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

this isn't really a "vulnerability" as much as a feature... why shouldn't u be allowed to record *your* screen?

works with yt too btw (in fact it works with literally everything lol)

Screenshot_20200928-121605_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6379eef63a3b95f91855300092b5b59b.jpg

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Chances are, that's why. Or maybe like I said, it's the way the recorder works that leads to this. The recorder built in to my phone, does have these "security" features, and it leads to having a black screen in Netflix and Tor.

maybe you can still get a refund?

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

maybe you can still get a refund?

I mean my P20 Pro is 2 years old by now so I don't think so. But to be honest, I don't need, nor want the ability to record whatever goes on in Tor. And at the same time  I can just download shows offline from Netflix. Everything else works fine.