Vurnelability of Android PiP (picture in picture)

pm128

I just realised that you can record streaming services (that are meant to NOT be recorded) by putting them in picture in picture mode. Here is a very short recording of "The Matrix" recorded from Netflix. I think 15 seconds of footage falls under fair use

Edit: actually Netflix removed their no-recording policy, at least in Android. That's weird... Imma test to see if they removed that on desktop too

Edit 2: foregt it, Netflix app is just broken, and that's what is letting me totally break their policy. And it isn't the secreenrec, I can also screenshot any part of film with built in secreenshot thingy. Weird

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

You're right when it comes to Netflix.. I have never updated it since I downloaded it few months ago. Not even that long ago

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

1 minute ago, pm128 said:

You're right when it comes to Netflix.. I have never updated it since I downloaded it few months ago. Not even that long ago

Chances are, that's why. Or maybe like I said, it's the way the recorder works that leads to this. The recorder built in to my phone, does have these "security" features, and it leads to having a black screen in Netflix and Tor.

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

Chances are, that's why. Or maybe like I said, it's the way the app records that leads to this.

Well, in my post I made edit where i said screenshot tool built in my Android lets me screenshot any part of film. Netflix really messed something up with old app versions

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

this isn't really a "vulnerability" as much as a feature... why shouldn't u be allowed to record *your* screen?

works with yt too btw (in fact it works with literally everything lol)

Screenshot_20200928-121605_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6379eef63a3b95f91855300092b5b59b.jpg

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Chances are, that's why. Or maybe like I said, it's the way the recorder works that leads to this. The recorder built in to my phone, does have these "security" features, and it leads to having a black screen in Netflix and Tor.

maybe you can still get a refund?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

maybe you can still get a refund?

I mean my P20 Pro is 2 years old by now so I don't think so. But to be honest, I don't need, nor want the ability to record whatever goes on in Tor. And at the same time  I can just download shows offline from Netflix. Everything else works fine.