No signal to monitor when attempting to boot new build.

sosolidshoe

Could really do with a hand, I'm getting no signal to my monitor when I try to start my new rig, can't enter BIOS to set the windows install USB(or rather, I can't tell if I've successfully entered the BIOS or not). MSI B550 Tomahawk, 3600x, 32gb Teamforce Vulkan 3200mhz RAM, Corsair RMx750 PSU, GTX 1080. I've tried an alternate monitor, alternate cables, different ports on the graphics card, different RAM configurations(normal furthest-with-a-gap, the reverse, next to each other in all possible ways, and both sticks tested singly in every slot), I used the single bifurcated PCIE cable that came with the PSU and is ostensibly the standard, I used both bifurcated PCIE cables but only the primary connector of each, and I switched back to my old 750w EVGA PSU with two single PCIE cables for the GPU. The CPU was fine when I opened it a couple of days ago, no bent pins, and I installed it according to the instructions without issues.

Every single time the machine starts up, it cycles through the diagnostic LEDs(CPU, MEM, GPU, BOOT) and stays on BOOT, which is expected without a proper boot drive. All case fans work, the GPU is lit and does its normal test spin of the fans, and the Wraith cooler that came with the CPU is spinning fine. I know the graphics card isn't the problem, because it's from my previous rig and I'm using it again right now on that to type this. I'm genuinely at a loss.

Since you didn't write about it I assume you have no internal speaker installed.

I would recommend getting your hands on a speaker, I think it can tell you more than the diagnostic LEDs can.

I am referring to something like this:

41hYLmWURbL._AC_.jpg.995ac373e9e7630dc3e5c460db5d939b.jpg

20 hours ago, Mcneck said:

Since you didn't write about it I assume you have no internal speaker installed.

I would recommend getting your hands on a speaker, I think it can tell you more than the diagnostic LEDs can.

I am referring to something like this:

41hYLmWURbL._AC_.jpg.995ac373e9e7630dc3e5c460db5d939b.jpg

I'll be honest, it's been so long since I've had to deal with beep codes I'm not even sure where you'd plug one in on a modern motherboard. There's nothing in the documentation about it. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Mcneck said:

I found this in the Manual of the MAG B550 Tomahawk, JFP2 should be the connector you are looking for:

image.png.607efea6dfc64592f8a6c490466126ea.png

regarding the Beep Codes, check this: https://www.lifewire.com/amibios-beep-codes-2624543

Thanks chief, for some reason the paper manual that came in the box only mentions/details JFP1. Got some coming from Amazon today so we'll see if that provides any extra info.

Okay I hooked everything up with the speaker installed, it's giving me 1 long 2 short, which is supposed to mean videocard memory error. Which makes absolutely no sense to me, since the card works without issue with my existing setup, and the error occurs regardless of whether I use the 4.0 x16 slot going through the CPU or the 3.0 x4 slot going through the chipset.

Honestly at this point I would contact MSI for support :/

From what I can gather you pretty much tested every possibility and the only logical explanation to me would be, that your mainboard is defective... .

Then again I dont have a ton of experience with errors such as this. I had similar issues with my last rig when I built it years ago and I also needed to contact the reseller, who did sent me quiet swiftly a new mainboard which fixed my problem. Coincidently it was also an MSI mainboard... .

If you have, by any chance, another working GPU I would test your rig with that, but thats pretty much all I can think of for now.