Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Torrent

144HZ 1440P monitor £400 budget. Monitor for a friend.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

My friend wants a 27inch 1440p 144hz monitor.

 

He has a £400 GBP budget.

 

He currently has 3 samsung 1080p 60hz ones and is gonna upgrade to a 2070 so wants a monitor to accompany that. He's gonna keep 2 of his 1080p monitors on the left and right.

 

Uses: Gaming and working nothing that needs colour accuracy.


.Waiting for intel 7nm, navi 23, zen 11...

.

.

Updated: Too long ago

Alienware 17r5

3700x/1080

500D SE/3600/1060 STRIX VERTICAL/AG352UCG6 120hz 1440p gsync ultrawide / TOO MUCH RGB

A few negligible workstation builds

Gaming Routers are Stupid

I have a RGB Problem

/pcmasterrace /widescreenmasterrace

 

Audiophile, EL8 Titanium go to drivers for weight to performance ratio.

Music Setup Cubase 10 PRO, Adam A8X, Adam Sub8.

 

I dont ask stupid questions, I just word them stupid so you think its stupid.

im not stupid your stupid calling me stupid stupid

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

 

The word "Gaming" and anything around it is cringe. E.G

 

I'm a gamer les go play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

I want a Gaming Computer to play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

 

Gaming is dumb enthusiast is cool.

 

Whitebread > Brownbread

Coffee>Tea

PoachedEgg>FriedEgg

Idk how many lines this is im not counting im prob breaking rules #rebel

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're lucky. Maybe you can find LG 27GN850 for about £400. Which is IPS panel.

 

Or AOC Q27G2U, which uses VA panel, for ~£270.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

My friend wants a 27inch 1440p 144hz monitor.

 

He has a £400 GBP budget.

 

He currently has 3 samsung 1080p 60hz ones and is gonna upgrade to a 2070 so wants a monitor to accompany that. He's gonna keep 2 of his 1080p monitors on the left and right.

 

Uses: Gaming and working nothing that needs colour accuracy.

There are some decent 300-350ish monitors that do 1440/144hz.

 

Like anything it's about levels, so it won't be as good as a monitor costing 800...that's obvious. 

 

Still, a little research will reveal some good options. 

 

Asus, Samsung, the usual suspects. 

 

The AOC that Deli mentioned is supposed to decent.

 

Just make sure you check and double to check to make sure you are getting what you need.

 

Nothing worse than finding out your 1440p is only 60hz when you unbox it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Gigabyte G27Q looks quite compelling to me, at least at the price point here in the Netherlands (€~350). I'm not buying it because it uses like 60W of power (according to the specs), and I'd like to keep the power bill down, plus I'll be picking up two of the same monitor. But if you're only getting one and the power bill isn't a serious issue this monitor looks like a very good price to performance option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Asthereal said:

The Gigabyte G27Q looks quite compelling to me, at least at the price point here in the Netherlands (€~350). I'm not buying it because it uses like 60W of power, and I'd like to keep the power bill down, plus I'll be picking up two of the same monitor. But if you're only getting one and the power bill isn't a serious issue this monitor looks like a very good price to performance option.

This one is quite new. Not many reviews yet. Get one(or two), and tell us how good it is.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deli said:

This one is quite new. Not many reviews yet. Get one(or two), and tell us how good it is.  :)

Unfortunately for you, I'm probably picking up two 75Hz panels, as I am a VERY casual gamer.

 

(Frustration of the day: I was about to buy two, but when I added the second one to my cart, the delivery date moved to a day when I'm not at home, so I couldn't buy two at the same time. Then I got frustrated and decided not to buy anything just yet.)

 

But you're right, it's probably a good idea to wait for a few reviews on this one, if you can. I did see a number of reviews of the AOC 144Hz 1440p 27" VA panel that's supposed to cost around €280-300ish, but the viewing angles aren't great apparently, and I don't ever sit still, so I decided against that one. Might be a factor for OP as well, hence my IPS rec.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Asthereal said:

Unfortunately for you, I'm probably picking up two 75Hz panels, as I am a VERY casual gamer.

 

(Frustration of the day: I was about to buy two, but when I added the second one to my cart, the delivery date moved to a day when I'm not at home, so I couldn't buy two at the same time. Then I got frustrated and decided not to buy anything just yet.)

 

But you're right, it's probably a good idea to wait for a few reviews on this one, if you can. I did see a number of reviews of the AOC 144Hz 1440p 27" VA panel that's supposed to cost around €280-300ish, but the viewing angles aren't great apparently, and I don't ever sit still, so I decided against that one. Might be a factor for OP as well, hence my IPS rec.

Gigabyte like to use the same panel but offer the end product cheaper. I was in the process to order a Gigabyte G34WQC two days ago. This monitor uses the same panel as AOC CU34G2X, but €80 cheaper. Before I finished check out, the monitor became unavailable. Obviously someone was just a few seconds faster than me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Deli said:

Gigabyte like to use the same panel but offer the end product cheaper. I was in the process to order a Gigabyte G34WQC two days ago. This monitor uses the same panel as AOC CU34G2X, but €80 cheaper. Before I finished check out, the monitor became unavailable. Obviously someone was just a few seconds faster than me.

You seem to know your stuff better than me and you live in the same country as me. I could use your help. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Asthereal said:

You seem to know your stuff better than me and you live in the same country as me. I could use your help. :)

I broke my gaming monitor two weeks ago. So I's hunting a new monitor also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×