Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the_importer

Any SQL Experts here?

Usually this is done with SSH or VPN connection tailor-made for each companies security solution.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi there,

I was wondering, without creating an SQL user in an SQL instance, is it possible to open a database using SMSS when you're not within the domain where the DB reside. In short, I want to query the a DB using my domain user form where the SQL server resides without remoting to it, just from within SMSS which is locally installed on my computer.

Cheers

55 minutes ago, the_importer said:

is it possible to open a database using SMSS when you're not within the domain where the DB reside

You'll have to work with your security team to create a bypass to circumvent all the security.

A possible workaround is to establish an SSH tunnel to wherever (ip and port) with an existing user and that would establish a secure access to you instance.

CPU Ryzen 3700X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 32GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 - GPU EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC - 
Case Mastercase H500p mesh - Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 - Display MG28UQ 4K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) - Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

Posted · Best Answer

Usually this is done with SSH or VPN connection tailor-made for each companies security solution.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 9/24/2020 at 5:28 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Of course, VPN, why didn't I think of this!

Cheers mate