IS this true

5 minutes ago, Krishdude said:

Yeah it's just an antminer. Even these small ones are barely profitable if at all.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah it's just an antminer. Even these small ones are barely profitable if at all.

I cannot believe that it is so cheap

1 minute ago, Krishdude said:

I cannot believe that it is so cheap

Why not? It's a dedicated miner. It can only do a certain set of coins which are not profitable anymore for these tiny ones so it's basically just being thrown out for people to buy that think it's still profitable whilst it is not.

Cheap because nobody buys them anymore.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

> Moved to Folding@Home, BOINC, and Mining forum

17GH/s for DASH? Says 970W power consumption... Unless your electricity cost is free that would run at a loss. That doesn't include the upfront cost of buying it at around $125 USD.

image.png.089352485ce130c7b13746931f9470ed.png

According to those prices (if the calculator prices are correct, which it may not be) if you had free electricity, paid no pool fees, and had no transaction fees selling your crypto you would make $3.92 per month and it would take 32 months to make back the $128 USD purchase price of the miner.

My guess is whoever was using these to mine when the price was higher a few years ago has realised that they're now just running at a loss and is trying to sell them to just get some money back.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450