I need help!! Plz

I have a pc with a core 2 duo which is supposed to run at 1.8ghz but the base clock shows only 0.9ghz and it also runs at that speed only. Pls help 馃槶

What are the temps? Try switching Windows to performance mode and look into task manager to check the CPU frequency after that.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra聽CPUCooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste聽Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with聽Raijintek聽Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM聽120mm fans聽Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W聽CaseCooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM聽120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E聽Operating System:Windows 10

4 minutes ago, H6NS said:

What are the temps? Try switching Windows to performance mode and look into task manager to check the CPU frequency after that.

The temps are well under 50聽degrees at load and I have tried everything including switching to performance mode and changing to windows 7 as well but got nothing

Just now, Karan Chopra said:

The temps are well under 50聽degrees at load and I have tried everything including switching to performance mode and changing to windows 7 as well but got nothing

Which Core 2 Duo do you have?

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra聽CPUCooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste聽Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with聽Raijintek聽Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM聽120mm fans聽Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W聽CaseCooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM聽120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E聽Operating System:Windows 10

10 minutes ago, Karan Chopra said:

I have a pc with a core 2 duo which is supposed to run at 1.8ghz but the base clock shows only 0.9ghz and it also runs at that speed only. Pls help 馃槶

What are you using to verify clockspeed? If you're just using Task Manager then that's most likely the problem as that is terrible at showing correct information. Use a program like CPU-Z and run a benchmark like Cinebench R15 and see what the clockspeed shows in CPU-Z while the benchmark is running.

4 minutes ago, H6NS said:

Which Core 2 Duo do you have?

I m using Core 2 Duo 6320 @1.86ghz

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

What are you using to verify clockspeed? If you're just using Task Manager then that's most likely the problem as that is terrible at showing correct information. Use a program like CPU-Z and run a benchmark like Cinebench R15 and see what the clockspeed shows in CPU-Z while the benchmark is running.

I have tried that too but it also shows the same

I m using Core 2 Duo 6320 @1.86ghz

Run Cinebench R15 and show us a screenshot of your CPU frequency.

1 minute ago, Karan Chopra said:

I have tried that too but it also shows the same

Was it while the CPU was under load or while it was idle at the desktop? CPUs these days will only turbo up to their specified clockspeed once a load is applied to them.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Was it while the CPU was under load or while it was idle at the desktop? CPUs these days will only turbo up to their specified clockspeed once a load is applied to them.

The CPU was under load as I was benching it with cinebench r20

The CPU was under load as I was benching it with cinebench r20

Do it again and post a screenshot of it, I'm curious as to what else it shows in CPU-Z.

Core 2 Duos have features called聽EIST "Enhanced Intel Speed Step technology" or聽Enhanced Halt State (C1E). Try to find it in BIOS and disable it.

1 minute ago, H6NS said:

Core 2 Duos have features called聽EIST "Enhanced Intel Speed Step technology" or聽Enhanced Halt State (C1E). Try to find it in BIOS and disable it.

I have searched for it but there's nothing like that in bios

5 minutes ago, H6NS said:

Run Cinebench R15 and show us a screenshot of your CPU frequency.

Okay I will post it here in a bit

I have searched for it but there's nothing like that in bios

Search again, maybe it has another name in your BIOS. Try to find power saving features聽and disable them.