Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fzero

Acer XB273KP vs lg 27GN950

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

The monitor will be paired up with i5 10600k at 5.1 and rtx 3080. Dont know if i should take the acer just because it's g sync range is 1-144hz while lg is 48-144hz. Cause im gonna play mostly graphically intensive singleplayer story games at max graphics everytime , but as i researched the lg seems to have the better panel and hdr600. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fzero said:

g sync range is 1-144hz while lg is 48-144hz

you probably dont want to game below 60fps with that panel anyways, so i dont see why this is an issue

 

8 minutes ago, Fzero said:

im gonna play mostly graphically intensive singleplayer story games at max graphics everytime

even if FPS is below 50?


Things I need help with: *new* What can Facebook do to me? Privacy Inquiries

Spoiler

 

 

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

 

Spoiler

 

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

 

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

 

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

 

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

 

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

 

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

don't rely on HDR on any LCD display

either OLED or some kind of local dimming or the HDR won't be any good or may be worse

in my opinion if you're planing on playing single players for the graphics you would be better off with an LG CX 48" oled TV but its more expensive than the 4k monitor

but the difference way more noticeable than 27" 1440p to 27" 4k if what you're planning to do is just gaming and media consumption

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you probably dont want to game below 60fps with that panel anyways, so i dont see why this is an issue

 

even if FPS is below 50?

Yeah i have a strange ocd if every setting is not maxed😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, YsGrandi said:

don't rely on HDR on any LCD display

either OLED or some kind of local dimming or the HDR won't be any good or may be worse

in my opinion if you're planing on playing single players for the graphics you would be better off with an LG CX 48" oled TV but its more expensive than the 4k monitor

but the difference way more noticeable than 27" 1440p to 27" 4k if what you're planning to do is just gaming and media consumption

Yeah i know sadly don't have the money for an oled and want to upgrade to 4k cause 3080 is bottlenecking my 1440p monitor and these two are simillar in price range and affordable for me

Link to post
Share on other sites

then get a 3070(or RDNA2 equivalent if AMD is competitive this year) instead and save money until next gen and oled (QD-oled or microled or anything self emiting) will be cheaper and in more monitor convenient sizes

that what I'm gonna do I'm gonna keep my 1080p 144hz and get a 3060 or 3070 and do some DSR to have better anti aliasing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×