Acer XB273KP vs lg 27GN950

Fzero

The monitor will be paired up with i5 10600k at 5.1 and rtx 3080. Dont know if i should take the acer just because it's g sync range is 1-144hz while lg is 48-144hz. Cause im gonna play mostly graphically intensive singleplayer story games at max graphics everytime , but as i researched the lg seems to have the better panel and hdr600. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

7 minutes ago, Fzero said:

g sync range is 1-144hz while lg is 48-144hz

you probably dont want to game below 60fps with that panel anyways, so i dont see why this is an issue

8 minutes ago, Fzero said:

im gonna play mostly graphically intensive singleplayer story games at max graphics everytime

even if FPS is below 50?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

don't rely on HDR on any LCD display

either OLED or some kind of local dimming or the HDR won't be any good or may be worse

in my opinion if you're planing on playing single players for the graphics you would be better off with an LG CX 48" oled TV but its more expensive than the 4k monitor

but the difference way more noticeable than 27" 1440p to 27" 4k if what you're planning to do is just gaming and media consumption

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you probably dont want to game below 60fps with that panel anyways, so i dont see why this is an issue

even if FPS is below 50?

Yeah i have a strange ocd if every setting is not maxed😅

14 minutes ago, YsGrandi said:

don't rely on HDR on any LCD display

either OLED or some kind of local dimming or the HDR won't be any good or may be worse

in my opinion if you're planing on playing single players for the graphics you would be better off with an LG CX 48" oled TV but its more expensive than the 4k monitor

but the difference way more noticeable than 27" 1440p to 27" 4k if what you're planning to do is just gaming and media consumption

Yeah i know sadly don't have the money for an oled and want to upgrade to 4k cause 3080 is bottlenecking my 1440p monitor and these two are simillar in price range and affordable for me

then get a 3070(or RDNA2 equivalent if AMD is competitive this year) instead and save money until next gen and oled (QD-oled or microled or anything self emiting) will be cheaper and in more monitor convenient sizes

that what I'm gonna do I'm gonna keep my 1080p 144hz and get a 3060 or 3070 and do some DSR to have better anti aliasing