Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Volemic

Audio processor to pair with logitech z906 (SB AE5 vs Onboard vs Something else)

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

I'm currently running a Threadripper 3960x paired with a an Asus Zenith II motherboard. I have a sound blaster AE5 from a previous build that I reused with this build. Speaker setup is logitech Z906. I was thinking about minimising stuff I don't need inside the case, partly for aesthetic reasons, partly because the sound card directly overlies one of the fans, however I don't want to compromise on sound quality. In terms of sound quality, what would be the best option - stick with the AE5, or switch to Onboard sound or get something external (recommendations would be great)

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Volemic said:

Hi,

I'm currently running a Threadripper 3960x paired with a an Asus Zenith II motherboard. I have a sound blaster AE5 from a previous build that I reused with this build. Speaker setup is logitech Z906. I was thinking about minimising stuff I don't need inside the case, partly for aesthetic reasons, partly because the sound card directly overlies one of the fans, however I don't want to compromise on sound quality. In terms of sound quality, what would be the best option - stick with the AE5, or switch to Onboard sound or get something external (recommendations would be great)

Thanks!

Just stick with the AE-5. I can't see any reason why you would switch it out.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/ Dekoni Elite Velour Pads

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Keep AE-5. It's a great soundcard. If you can, moving it all the way to the bottom PCIe slot will help the most.