Twitch giveaway warning.

Torey

I was wondering if Linus, Luke and everyone else already knew about the whole donation/subscriber only giveaways that some Twitch streamers have been getting into trouble for.  This may or may not be old news to most but I just wanted to make sure that people were informed that if you do a sub only or donation giveaway of any kind you will most likely be getting banned from Twitch from now on. Some stuff happened and the law was informed and basically they consider it gambling in a way and it's illegal. Sorry if there was already a topic about this, I searched Twitch bans etc and didn't find anything so I figured I'd let people know. Before I'd do any type of giveaway at all I would contact someone at Twitch, even though they said the other giveaways were fine at the time and didn't know it was illegal, I'd assume now they have a better understanding of it and could explain how people can do giveaways of any sort. The whole thing seems really grey from what I've read and or heard about the whole subject, so just be careful.

Slick does giveaways on a non paid free entry basis.

I know but the whole situation seems really grey at the moment, apparently you can't do giveaways for EU right now, I'm not sure if this is just physical things or what but there is a new terms of service I'd suspect. Most streamers took it for granted before, but I don't think anyone should now. I'd just hate to see someones channel get shut down for not being informed, especially Linus or Lukes.

There are also sub giveaways once a month for things like star citizen packages

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

There are also regional rules he has to comply with even to do free giveaways.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

There are also sub giveaways once a month for things like star citizen packages

I didn't know this, noted.

@LinusTech @Slick

Yeah the whole thing seems rather grey and annoying to deal with, just hope Linus and Luke know about it before doing and giveaway and someone reports them.