Is this pc good for streaming?

Hi everyone, i am gonna buy a new pc (AMD Ryzen 5 3400g) that has 4 cores 3.70ghz and it has AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 graphics card . i was asking if this is gonna let me stream ? . And if so , what games can i stream . If not , can i stream sommething else? ( like reactions on youtube or more)

Thanks alot.

Hey everyone , i am gonna buy a brand new pc ( AMD Ryzen 5 3400g) 4 cores 3.70 ghz Radeon RX vega 11 Graphics card , and i was wondering if this is gonna let me stream and if yes in what fps and wich game could i play .

Thanks alot 

I'd expect at max a 720p 30fps stream that stutters a lot. You'd want to pick up a 1650 super for nvenc which will make the stream a good 60fps experience.

you can probably get by with a 720p stream with that if you are also going to be gaming on that machine. It only has 4 cores so gaming and streaming on that will limit you with quality but thats your choice to make. 

1 minute ago, gloop said:

I'd expect at max a 720p 30fps stream that stutters a lot. You'd want to pick up a 1650 super for nvenc which will make the stream a good 60fps experience.

What will cause him stutters ? the cores ?

Just now, Saksham said:

you can probably get by with a 720p stream with that if you are also going to be gaming on that machine. It only has 4 cores so gaming and streaming on that will limit you with quality but thats your choice to make. 

Whats your taughts about streaming cs go wtih that pc?

3 minutes ago, kaptaindire said:

Whats your taughts about streaming cs go wtih that pc?

i wouldnt do that if you are looking to play somewhat competitively.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Just now, Oswin said:

i wouldnt do that if you are lookkng to play somewhat competitively.

Which game do you recommend for me streaming on?

4 minutes ago, kaptaindire said:

well streaming while gaming wouldnt be fun in general unless you plan to play something like minecraft with a 720p stream, but thats about it really unless you get a 1650s like what @gloop suggested for NVENC to help with streaming.

Edited by Oswin
grammar

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, kaptaindire said:

Maybe roblox and minecraft on low settings could be streamed on that

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Maybe roblox and minecraft on low settings could be streamed on that

what if i go lower like 480p 60 fps could i stream fortnite or sommething?

1 minute ago, kaptaindire said:

not a lot of people would want to watch a 480p stream js. I would save up for better parts if you are looking to get a stremaing PC

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

2 minutes ago, kaptaindire said:

That hardware is good value but for gaming it's really going to struggle, it will play games like csgo fine, and if you set it all up properly you could push it to play maybe a few AAA titles, but barely, that would have a good upgrade path but if you must stream then an older Dell optiplex or something along those lines with a few minor upgrades, like ram and storage plus a gpu and you'll be playing most games fine

2 minutes ago, Stargaze obama said:

That hardware is good value but for gaming it's really going to struggle, it will play games like csgo fine, and if you set it all up properly you could push it to play maybe a few AAA titles, but barely, that would have a good upgrade path but if you must stream then an older Dell optiplex or something along those lines with a few minor upgrades, like ram and storage plus a gpu and you'll be playing most games fine

What if i put my settings on fortnite everything very low , could i go at least 480p 30 fps? 

Just now, kaptaindire said:

What if i put my settings on fortnite everything very low , could i go at least 480p 30 fps? 

Yeah you could, fortnight isn't too intensive, but I promise you, 480p 30fps is not going to be a nice experience, it will only be made worse the higher resolution display you use

1 minute ago, Stargaze obama said:

Yeah you could, fortnight isn't too intensive, but I promise you, 480p 30fps is not going to be a nice experience, it will only be made worse the higher resolution display you use

In your opinion , what resolution could i go if i put everything on low / very low. (fortnite i mean) ( im a small "youtuber" so this is a start for me in everything thats gaming)

5 minutes ago, kaptaindire said:

In your opinion , what resolution could i go if i put everything on low / very low. (fortnite i mean) ( im a small "youtuber" so this is a start for me in everything thats gaming)

720p would probably max out for a "playable" experience, for anything remotely competitive, such as fortnight or Apex legends I always try to go for a 60fps experience, 30 is useable but it's not a easy to play with, please please listen to me, if you do buy this hardware, make sure you get a card asap, make sure your ram is dual channel, and make sure your using something like a b450 motherboard, A320 chipset is okay, but you can't oc and lose a lot of features that would probably be useful for a streamer, your best bet is you buy an old office PC and put a half decent card in there, something like an rx5500 or 1650 will have you playing fortnight at 1080p 60fps no problems provided your in dual channel

1 minute ago, Stargaze obama said:

720p would probably max out for a "playable" experience, for anything remotely competitive, such as fortnight or Apex legends I always try to go for a 60fps experience, 30 is useable but it's not a easy to play with, please please listen to me, if you do buy this hardware, make sure you get a card asap, make sure your ram is dual channel, and make sure your using something like a b450 motherboard, A320 chipset is okay, but you can't oc and lose a lot of features that would probably be useful for a streamer, your best bet is you buy an old office PC and put a half decent card in there, something like an rx5500 or 1650 will have you playing fortnight at 1080p 60fps no problems provided your in dual channel

Okay . Thanks alot for your time and infos.

24 minutes ago, Stargaze obama said:

You're underestimating the Vega 8, with a decent overclock. You can play most games 1080p ~45fps with medium-high settings, and play esports at 1080p 100fps. But for streaming it doesn't have the CPU power to do that.

you dont have any hardware encoder afaik (unless APU comes with one, that would surprise me)

so you're basically relying on your CPU to encode.

you only have 4 cores so idk how well would that fare, encoding while gaming at the same time

fastest way to find out is to run a game and stream, i could try help you tweak your obs settings to get a decent fps and stream quality if you'd like

23 minutes ago, kaptaindire said:

im a small "youtuber" so this is a start for me in everything thats gaming

that would mean you're going to have to stream at 1440p for decent quality because youtube uses different CODEC (avc instead of VP09) on 1080p and lower for smaller creator, making their stream and videos grainy

streaming on 1440p is a bit too much for your cpu imo

but you can still try streaming on 720p, see how it goes

also as @gloop mentioned, a 1650 super will help a lot because u can alleviate encoding task to the NVENC, which will free up a lot of cpu resources

how many GB of ram do you have? 2x8GB? or?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

You're underestimating the Vega 8, with a decent overclock. You can play most games 1080p ~45fps with medium-high settings, and play esports at 1080p 100fps. But for streaming it doesn't have the CPU power to do that.

Yeah you probably could, as far as I know, those sort of numbers are produced from oc's, this person asking the question is only a child, and with new consoles around the corner games most likely will require more powerful hardware, and that's just not a viable solution for very long, maybe a year or so before it's basically as useful as hd graphics