NZXT Vulcan, FINALLY

Theguywhobea

Hey guys, after what ended up being literal years of searching, I was finally able to find someone near by selling an NZXT Vulcan case. Personally I have a bit of a soft spot for this case as it's the one I took too and from my college dorm most of the time I was there. I foolishly sold that PC while I was in college and always regretted it after since I thought this was such a cool case.

First post is just the case, however I hope to get a nice build going in here and maybe so some people how cool a case like this can be.

IMG_20200806_193930.jpg

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

That thing looks like an improvised weapon from a 80s or 90s apocalyptic sci-fi movie.

Never had any dust issues with it?

6 hours ago, vsral said:

That thing looks like an improvised weapon from a 80s or 90s apocalyptic sci-fi movie.

Never had any dust issues with it?

I don't remember having too many dust issues with it in the past, but I don't think I was as concerned with dust back then as I might be these days. I do think the mesh side panel should make a return on modern cases though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright first update after getting back from vacation:

Threw in some old parts I had, an ITX Z77 motherboard, a Xeon 1231v3, 16GB RAM, and a 512GB SSD along with my old GTX 970.

Unfortunately it only came with 1 of the 2 orange LED fans that work with the special LED controller at the back of the case. Going to have to find a 200mm fan that will fit this side panel as well, which I'm sure will be fun! I remember having a red LED Cooler Master 200mm fan in there back in college, I'll probably look for one of those to keep with the theme of the build.

First mod was the wrap the handle in hockey tape as this is that unfortunate soft touch plastic that eventually reverts to a sticky mess and can't be repaired. In fact I tried alcohol but that only made it worse as it actually dissolves the rubber... I think the hockey tape works well.

Cable management could still be better, forgot how hard that was in these older cases. Also this power supply may blow up at some point as it's mad old.

IMG_20200821_161040.jpg

IMG_20200821_160946.jpg

IMG_20200821_161111.jpg