Motherboard SB (chipset?) temperature / testing.

Got a new gaming rig. It's pretty sweet.

R9 590 (was cheap and good enough for now),

16gb 3600 ram.

Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 (570x chipset).

Random 1TB m.2 ssd.

I immediately hated all the stock fan profiles (and the abrupt  ramping of when the cpu spikes 10c) and set up Fan Control V38 to control almost all fans. Also limiting how quickly fans ramp up/down. It's nice.

Fan Control showed me a mystery fan labeled 'SB', I'm 99% certain it's a small active cooler for the chipset. Fan Control can control it, but it can't read 'SB' temperatures to control it with.

A bit of tinkering later (I turned the fan completely off and monitored for a rise in temperature in HWiNFO), unsurprisingly it matches the 'SB' entry under the section for the motherboard. When I turned the 'SB' fan off, it took about an hour for chipset temps to raise even 1c, left it off for a long time to see if this was in fact the correct one. Ramped the SB fan to 100% and this temperature plummeted but my ears started bleeding.

This single, tiny fan (still controlled by motherboard) is whiny as shit, but luckily is almost never ramping up under daily use (but when it does I hate it).

What I would like though, is setting a fixed non-annoying fan speed in Fan Control, and leave it there forever.

Now, for a series of actual questions.

Firstly, are there any recommended maximum temperatures for the chipset that I should stay below?

Secondly, how the hell would I stress the chipset to actually generate heat (intentionally), to test if selected fan speed will actually manage the temps under worst case scenario?

If you wanted to stress SB (stands for South Bridge btw.) you would need to connect a lot of cards or run mutiple GPUs at full load. That would stress it for sure. Any temp below 80C on the high side and below 65C average would be good. Idle temps should be well below 50C.

4 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

If you wanted to stress SB (stands for South Bridge btw.) you would need to connect a lot of cards or run mutiple GPUs at full load. That would stress it for sure. Any temp below 80C on the high side and below 65C average would be good. Idle temps should be well below 50C.

When the Motherboard manages the SB fan on it's own, it's at around 55c when the pc idles. So as long as I don't hit 80c I'm good is my take away from this. Just set the SB fan to 30%, will wait to see what that does.

*edit*
Will also monitor temps if I do something GPU intensive.

13 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

If you wanted to stress SB (stands for South Bridge btw.)

I'm also aware of this, but when I googled 'Southbridge temperatures' I just got to a lot of forum threads where I was told that southbridge wasn't really a thing anymore.