Intel i5 3570K or AMD FX 8350 ?

Hi i am sitting here and wondering what cpu i should get, i already have figurd out wich other parts i shuold get including a motherboard but i am not sure if i should go with intel or amd please help me and i will run watercoolong on either one.

What will the main purpose of the PC be? Gaming? Editing?

Also,what is your budget?

3570k for sure. Ive used both Intel and AMD, and I much prefer Intel over AMD.

For me it is an obvious choice of getting the Intel i5 3570K, because the AMD counterpart uses much more power and has a larger TDP. Overclock that i5 and you will destroy that AMD CPU!

Keep in mind that a motherboard is either supporting AMD OR Intel CPU's not both, so please make sure you are picking the right one for the right CPU.

i am planning to game with the pc :)

Look up the benchmarks?

In that case there is really no reason to need an 8 core, therefore go with the 3570K. It will match it, and once overclocked, will beat the 8350 in gaming. Enjoy it :)

The 3570k is an amazing cpu for gaming id definatly choose it over the amd

ks for all the help i know what cpu i'll pick the 3570K of course thanks :)

3570K hands down for the crown. You could save a few bucks by getting a non K series CPU (Of course if you don't plan on overclocking it.)

Considering both CPUs are pretty much similar in price points, the 3570K is just the better CPU all rounder.

3570k overclocked to 4,5 (wich is easy to archieve) beats everything that AMD offers currently.

Hey MangeSWE,

this pretty depends on what you're planning to do..

But overall i'd say if you got the Money for a Intel setup, go for it.. you will do nothing wrong!

The Intel processor will hang this FX one on the wall in just everything.. if it's gaming, benchin or editing..

Greetz

Dr3nz4r

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

In that case, get the 3570. The 8350 is better if you want multitasking, because of the 8 cores, but the 3570k performs better gamewise,

3570K, and if you have the kahunas later on, you can remove the stock TIM and replace it and overclock it even further!

for gaming the 3570k is outright better than the 8350...but for heavily threaded applications the 8350 is initially better ....once they are overclocked to their limits(4.6 for 3570k and 4.9 for the 8350) the 3570k "bulldozes" the "piledriver" cpu and makes it "vish" it were never born. the 3570k is an overall better investment!!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

For gaming go with the intel 3570k.

3570k has everything you'll need. Good performance in games, very decent (video) rendering, reasonable power consumption, good pricing etc.

The 8350 is, although the '8-cores' might tell you differently, an inferior product. The only advantage over the i5 you'll get with it is going to be when you're editing video or doing something that takes advantage of all of the cores.

AMD is a great manufacturer, but in this price category, intel wins.

• 2 weeks later...

3570k and z77 motherboard.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

now in order to not be biased, check this video, they benchmarked the 8350 vs the 3770k and the 3570k.

one thing you should remember is that the 8350 pulls more watts.

now in order to not be biased, check this video, they benchmarked the 8350 vs the 3770k and the 3570k.

one thing you should remember is that the 8350 pulls more watts.

Yep, saw this yesterday. I have a 3770k myself but would definitely point someone debating over the two to this video.

If you want to overclock go with the Intel and you'll achieve some very outrageous clocks/performance.

I would not water-cool an AMD FX myself, the price of a water-cooling loop for the overclock you'll get out of it is not very attractive.