Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Netolix

Intel core i5 or ryzen 5 3600

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I'm thinking of buying a new cpu, but no matter what I will need a new motherboard.

 

I was thinking about i5 9600k that im gonna overclock (I will need a new motherboard, cooler and power supply).

 

Other option I was thinking about is a Ryzen 5 3600 bundle that comes with a motherboard, new ram and the cpu.

 

At the moment I have a 550W powersupply, 2x 2600mhz 8gb ram, a gtx 1660 super and i5 7500

 

I mostly play Rust which is like 87% cpu game.

I have also heard that Intel is better at like single threading which is good for Rust.

 

Buying the i5 9600k will most likely gonna come more expensive than the R5 bundle and I have a budget around 400€

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Netolix said:

Other option I was thinking about is a Ryzen 5 3600 bundle that comes with a motherboard, new ram and the cpu.

better than i5 9600k  at everything that you throw at it. (i5 9600k wins in gmaing by 1% when overclocked to over 4.8ghz) but 3600 has 6 more threads meaning less strutters and better 1% and 0.1% lows

 

get 3600


|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get a 9600k. Dead platform. Really bad value cpu. 

Either Zen 2 or heck even comet lake would be better. 

If these are the only two options available. 3600. 


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you wait? Ryzen 4000 is coming in fall and is gonna be a lot better. If not.

 

What exact 550w psu is that?

What motherboard comes in the 3600 bundle? Plenty of crap boards get put in the bundle same with the ram.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
53 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Can you wait? Ryzen 4000 is coming in fall and is gonna be a lot better. If not.

 

What exact 550w psu is that?

What motherboard comes in the 3600 bundle? Plenty of crap boards get put in the bundle same with the ram.

I think that it's fractal design 550w 80+ bronze

 

Asus PRIME B450-PLUS + AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, this is one of the bundles

 

Asus ROG Strix B450-F GAMING + Ryzen 5 3600 + 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, this is 2€ more expensive than the one above

 

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX + AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Kingston 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, this is 10€ more expensive than the ones above

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netolix said:

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX + AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Kingston 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, this is 10€ more expensive than the ones above

Best choice.


5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Netolix said:

I think that it's fractal design 550w 80+ bronze

 

Asus PRIME B450-PLUS + AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, this is one of the bundles

 

Asus ROG Strix B450-F GAMING + Ryzen 5 3600 + 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, this is 2€ more expensive than the one above

 

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX + AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Kingston 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, this is 10€ more expensive than the ones above

Is your psu the integra M from fractal? If so you are good to go.

 

Do get the tomahawl max ryzen combo. Pretty much one of the best b450 boards with confirmed ryzen 4000 support.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×