Whats a good m.2 ssd?

I have a question. My mother board has 3 different "mounting screw" holes. Will a ADATA XPG SX6000 Lite PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive 1TB work?

A random m.2 ssd.png

What my mother board says.png

12 minutes ago, GroundbreakingCrew9 said:

I have a question. My mother board has 3 different "mounting screw" holes. Will a ADATA XPG SX6000 Lite PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive 1TB work?

A random m.2 ssd.png

What my mother board says.png

Thats just for different length drives. But yes that drive should fit and work

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, Escapenz said:

Thats just for different length drives. But yes that drive should fit and work

Okay, just making sure!

the longest one used is the most popular I take it?

4 hours ago, GroundbreakingCrew9 said:

Okay, just making sure!

the longest one used is the most popular I take it?

Not quite. Your board lists that it "Supports 2242/2280/22110 storage devices" which are what the three holes are for. The 22 at the front refers to a width of 22mm (just under 1 inch) while the other part, 42/80/110, refers to the length which is also in mm.

The longest of those, 110mm, was only ever used by enterprise (datacenter) drives and is disappearing from use. While desktop motherboards often support them they usually won't fit in a laptop.

80mm is by far the most common and is the defacto standard for almost all M.2 drives.

The remaining standards are 30mm, 42mm and 60mm. 60mm and 30mm have largely been forgotten which is probably why your board doesn't support either of them. 42mm drives do exist but they are mostly sold directly to OEMs for use in laptops or tablets that have limited internal space.

Do not buy the XPG or Adata drives, they fail often, and the 6000 series has issues that ll give you a nightmare. Always prefer Samsung, WD, Crucial or Sabrent.

3 minutes ago, Bipinvsnl said:

Do not buy the XPG or Adata drives, they fail often, and the 6000 series has issues that ll give you a nightmare. Always prefer Samsung, WD, Crucial or Sabrent.

Where are the failure statistics?

I edit my posts more often than not