Non-fugly equivilent to Asus TUF A15?

I'm planning to get a new laptop soon, and so far the Asus TUF A15, specifically the one with the RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, basically ticks all my boxes and seems like a really good bang for the buck. I don't mind the "rugged" exterior, but man once you open that thing up, that keyboard looks terrible along with the "brushed plastic". Probably not a deal breaker, and this will probably be the laptop I end up with and while I can't see anything with similar specs for the same bang for the buck(the 2060 version of the Asus G15 comes at quite a premium), I figured I'd at least check to see if there's something I'm missing before I pull the trigger.

Basically I don't need anything slim or even all that premium, just not as bad looking as the A15 and I'd prefer a keyboard that centered(along with the trackpad) with no numpad. ideally looks for the same Ryzen 4800H, a 2060 or better GPU(prefer the non Max-Q), the RAM and SSD size aren't that important if there's no 16GB RAM/1TBSSD SKU as long as they're upgradable.

9 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

I'm not sure if the launches coming up this holiday season will make their way into laptops quickly, but if you can wait two months for them to launch and then however many weeks it takes them to design a laptop with the new parts, that will get you much better bang for buck, however the one you suggested is pretty good.

Yeah, I'm aware that I'm buying at the end of a cycle, but I'm assuming we probably won't see to much in the arena of good value laptops using the new stuff until about CES 2021(assuming there is one) timeframe.

If you are in the USA then check out the Asus zephyrus 14” model: Asus ROG GA401IV-DS91

it can come with up to a ryzen 9 4900hs which outperforms the 7 4800h in benchmarks.

here is a link to best buy

Best Buy

Avoid A15

What's your budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128