Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sealth

Display Cap at 30 fps but Dota 2(100 fps) is not

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, I bought my new display which cap at 144hz refresh rate so i hook it up with my laptop using HDMI cable then everything on the new display cap at 30hz refresh rate i try to run games and other thing all is cap at 30hz even my laptop could push more then 120hz (fps counter from GeForce experience), BUT only dota 2 in game resolution setting that say 3440x1440 100hz allow me to do 100+ fps (it look smooth as silk conpare to other program even my desktop is cap at 30hz). So i'm having a trouble here can anyone help me solve this mystery plz i really need some help 

Thnak You

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemme get something straight: your laptop can push out 3440x1440 at 100Hz but only through Dota 2? 

Just sounds like you need to manually set the refresh rate of your display more than anything if Dota can gather that your monitor taps out at that.


Local dickhead and VHS collector.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 100% (content loudness -0.1dB)

 

 

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

Link to post
Share on other sites

What laptop is it?

Sounds like it might not have HDMI 2.0, and thus not be able to output more than 30Hz at that resolution.


F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, handymanshandle said:

Lemme get something straight: your laptop can push out 3440x1440 at 100Hz but only through Dota 2? 

Just sounds like you need to manually set the refresh rate of your display more than anything if Dota can gather that your monitor taps out at that.

Im using ROG Scar III i7 9750H + RTX 2060(Laptop) and yes in only work in Dota 2 after i set the in game resolution to 3440x1440 100hz (I can tell the different i smooth as silk) but even when i'm on my desktop it only capp at 30hz even the OSD say it on 100hz (Im using HDMI cable) everything look laggy when i move my folder window around it is doing Mirror image (i'm thinking around 30hz not even running at 60hz). I also set the display setting to 100hz too still run at 30hz. You know what happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sealth said:

when i move my folder window around it is doing Mirror image

So are you mirroring your laptop's display with your monitor? 

Could potentially be your monitor's settings being weird, too.


Local dickhead and VHS collector.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 100% (content loudness -0.1dB)

 

 

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Kilrah said:

What laptop is it?

Sounds like it might not have HDMI 2.0, and thus not be able to output more than 30Hz at that resolution.

I think it already 2.0 it worked in dota2

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, handymanshandle said:

So are you mirroring your laptop's display with your monitor? 

Could potentially be your monitor's settings being weird, too.

i'm using the "Second Display Only" setting

Link to post
Share on other sites

Set refresh rate correctly in Windows display properties?

 

Also sometimes mirror is limited to the least capable display, need to use single or extended display to have full capabilities.


F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Kilrah said:

Set refresh rate correctly in Windows display properties?

 

Also sometimes mirror is limited to the least capable display, need to use single or extended display to have full capabilities.

Thank You Dude!! it working!! you save my day im on "Second Display Only" at first now im using "Extend Display" and choose monitor display setting now both are at 100hz+

Thank again :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×