Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dark majisyan

GPU having a delay when turning on my computer

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

When I'm turning on my computer all of my components is up running like literally when I push the start button of my PC case, but my GPU isn't. is it normal that my GPU Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT is having on delays like 1 to 2 seconds when starting my computer? 

 

These are my components

Ryzen 5 3600 stock fan

Motherboard : b450 tomahawk max

Ram: 1 stick hyperx fury 

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT

PSU: Corsair RM 750

Case: cooler master mb500

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds normal the fans doesn’t spin up the first secound


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Sounds normal the fans doesn’t spin up the first secound

 oohhh okay okay, had an experience earlier that my computer wasnt turning on. when I push the on button it will open like 2 seconds then it will turn off again. but when I removed my gpu and put again on the mobo it turns back to normal. any idea about this?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dark majisyan said:

 oohhh okay okay, had an experience earlier that my computer wasnt turning on. when I push the on button it will open like 2 seconds then it will turn off again. but when I removed my gpu and put again on the mobo it turns back to normal. any idea about this?

 

My GTX1070 boots slower than my R9 280 and HD7870 in the same system.

 

Likely differing initialisation time doing "checks and balances" on boot.

 

That fault of not turning on could be a few factors like PSU has lost effeciency over time and was near limits, or a faulty GPU that could need some TLC.


Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

My GTX1070 boots slower than my R9 280 and HD7870 in the same system.

 

Likely differing initialisation time doing "checks and balances" on boot.

 

That fault of not turning on could be a few factors like PSU has lost effeciency over time and was near limits, or a faulty GPU that could need some TLC.

but my computer is only 2 weeks old, do you think I have a faulty psu? should I troubleshoot it like pluggin and unplugging the wires. I have a fully modular PSU. 

 

Also what is TLC? never heard that acronym? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

My GTX1070 boots slower than my R9 280 and HD7870 in the same system.

haha lol thats the case with my system as well

my old gtx 650 boosts faster then my rtx 2080 :D

1 hour ago, dark majisyan said:

but my computer is only 2 weeks old, do you think I have a faulty psu? should I troubleshoot it like pluggin and unplugging the wires. I have a fully modular PSU. 

 

Also what is TLC? never heard that acronym? 

maybe try your gpu in another system?


"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dark majisyan said:

but my computer is only 2 weeks old, do you think I have a faulty psu? should I troubleshoot it like pluggin and unplugging the wires. I have a fully modular PSU. 

It happens occasionally with almost any GPU. Even my system with the reference model 5700 XT has it happen randomly. 95% of the time, it does just fine, then it'll have a slightly slow GPU initialization. Usually it's linked to a Windows update.


CPURyzen 5 3600 Cooler: GAMMAXX 400 with dual Arcic P12 PWM RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3600 16-16-16 MoboASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG241C Case Fans: 3x Arctic P12 PWM

Storage: Mushkin ECO2 512GB SSD, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, dual Constellation ES 2GB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×