TI Nspire (Calculator) Overclocking thread

SFFDesigns

Hello!

Here I (and anyone else who wants too) will post experiences (as well as clock speeds) with overclocking the TI Nspire CX calculator (yes it's possible and it's software based). (If you overclock any of the older non CX or the CX II obviously you can post your experience below as well)

For those that want to I'll put basic directions below:

1. First make sure you have a Nspire CX not a CX II.

2. Make sure you have OS 4.5.0.1180 or lower, nothing higher.

3. Jailbreak your calculator with Ndless (no guarantees of anything and it may damage your calculator)

4. Overclock it with Nover 3 (again no guarantees).

I do want to emphasize that this may damage your calculator and there are no guarantees whatsoever as said above!

Personally I've been running mine at a CPU clock of 234 MHz (above from 132-159 MHz) and a AHB clock of 78mhz (didn't touch that at all, that is stock, changing it can damage or corrupt your NAND). In terms of performance gains, I've seen Mario 3 on an emulator (my calculator is of the later revisions that have the flipped display, which slows down many programs requiring a jailbreak, so you may see a smaller difference) running 2 or 3 times smoother (used to lag a bit with frame skip on, frame skip is off now and runs extremely smoothly).

I gotta say, it's pretty cool to be able to overclock a calculator without having to modify the hardware whatsoever! If any of you have gotten higher (or lower) clock speeds definitely respond down below!

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1