why is my gpu low usige

storm05

i know that my cpu is bottle necking my gpu, but not so much

i have a i5 4460 8gb 1600mhz ram and gtx 1660 super

when ever i play doom, black ops 3, csgo, fallout 4 my gpu usig is at 60-80% but the wird thing is that my cpu is not at max it is hovering around 70-80% and 100 som times

nut in csgo my cpu is at 70% and my gpu at 40% most of the time

btw i am geting a nother 8gb stick of ram wil it help

Is your fps capped (framerate cap, vsync,...) that would mean lower cpu useage and gpu useage as well they just aren't asked to push too many frames.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Is your fps capped (framerate cap, vsync,...) that would mean lower cpu useage and gpu useage as well they just aren't asked to push too many frames.

i dont know, how can i find out of if it is capped?

5 minutes ago, storm05 said:

So; you currently have a single 8GB stick of RAM...?  Is the second one exactly the same  make, model, speed & timings?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

So; you currently have a single 8GB stick of RAM...?  Is the second one exactly the same  make, model, speed & timings?

i dont tnow much a bout the one that i am am geting i bot it used but i know that it is corsair vengence blue 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

and the one i have now is 8gb 1600mhz from kingston blue, i dont know the timing

11 minutes ago, storm05 said:

i know that my cpu is bottle necking my gpu, but not so much

i have a i5 4460 8gb 1600mhz ram and gtx 1660 super

when ever i play doom, black ops 3, csgo, fallout 4 my gpu usig is at 60-80% but the wird thing is that my cpu is not at max it is hovering around 70-80% and 100 som times

nut in csgo my cpu is at 70% and my gpu at 40% most of the time

As fast as a 4th Gen. i5 is feeding frames to a 1660 Super, it can process them in it's sleep.

2 minutes ago, storm05 said:

i dont tnow much a bout the one that i am am geting i bot it used but i know that it is corsair vengence blue 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

and the one i have now is 8gb 1600mhz from kingston blue, i dont know the timing

It's highly unlikely that those two will work happily together...

Edited by Eighjan

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 hour ago, storm05 said:

i dont know, how can i find out of if it is capped?

Install anything that shows fps in games. Fraps, msi afterburner, a steam overlay,...

Also ram wise ddr3 isn't really picky so if you do add just try to match it as close as possible and well a i5 4460 doesn't really care about dual channel or anything so performance won't really be gained.

However don't spend too much money on it when you could be saving up for a platform upgrade as well quad core no ht cpu's are very much so kinda crud to game on in new titles.