New to RBD lighting - Need help!

Gauzl

I want to do up my build with RGB lighting. I have the O11D, O11D distro plate, 360mm rad at the top and bottom. I want to use 3 RGB fans on both rads and a LED strip on both sides of the case, motherboard is the ASUS TUF Z390 PLUS which has 2x 4 pin RGB headers. My main question is how do I go about connecting everything up? Is there a controller I can use to connect everything to?

One RGB header can power 3 devices. Fan packs come with splitters. But the most important thing is that you get correct RGB. Check what your mobo supports and buy fans that are same. So either ARGB (5V 3pin) or RGB (12V 4pin) and ofc something which support Asus Aura.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 6/6/2020 at 4:03 AM, Gauzl said:

I want to do up my build with RGB lighting. I have the O11D, O11D distro plate, 360mm rad at the top and bottom. I want to use 3 RGB fans on both rads and a LED strip on both sides of the case, motherboard is the ASUS TUF Z390 PLUS which has 2x 4 pin RGB headers. My main question is how do I go about connecting everything up? Is there a controller I can use to connect everything to?

what distro plate? if you got 2 4pin 12v rgb headers and you buy argb stuff that wont work.... buy all argb or all rgb unless your distro is rgb and not argb.

other thing to note is what connectors are on the fans and strips or you will have to buy an adapter.  for 12v rgb you don't have to worry about the data so that is good. 1 header can do up to 3amps.

if you want to use an usb controller instead then you will need to buy in to that eco system so they all have the same connectors on it. i have a link in my sig for rgb links

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links