Problem

Raptrozz

Hello, so i purchased a second hand i7-2600, to replace my i3-3220, but the system said a big no no, its starts to boot, then it restarts. The whole configuration is

mobo: intel db75en

ram: kingston 8gb x1 1333mhz i think

gpu: r9 270

PSU: njoy 500sit

an ssd on which windows is installed, and an hdd on which i store things. What could be the problem? Please help me out.

p.s.: when i put back the i3-3220 the pc started, i think "without a problem" but i havent run a diagnostic yet

2 minutes ago, Raptrozz said:

Hello, so i purchased a second hand i7-2600, to replace my i3-3220, but the system said a big no no, its starts to boot, then it restarts. The whole configuration is

mobo: intel db75en

ram: kingston 8gb x1 1333mhz i think

gpu: r9 270

PSU: njoy 500sit

an ssd on which windows is installed, and an hdd on which i store things. What could be the problem? Please help me out.

p.s.: when i put back the i3-3220 the pc started, i think "without a problem" but i havent run a diagnostic yet

Probably BIOS incompatible versions? Try flashing the BIOS after searching which version supported the i7-2600. Also clear CMOS battery. 

Can you at least boot in the BIOS?

Well, as i don't really understand much, this is the BIOS version.

image.jpg

17 minutes ago, Raptrozz said:

Well, as i don't really understand much, this is the BIOS version.

Should be supported according to the CPU support list for the mobo..

Try installing the new CPU, then clean CMOS and unplug the ssd/hdd with the OS installed. Can you successfully boot in the bios? If not, it might be a damaged CPU problem

3 minutes ago, 3rrant said:

Try installing the new CPU, then clean CMOS and unplug the ssd/hdd with the OS installed. Can you successfully boot in the bios? If not, it might be a damaged CPU problem

Alright, i will try to do that. Will get back to you.

4 hours ago, 3rrant said:

It worked, everything works fine. Thank you for your advice! Goes to a very high temperature though, will have to get a cooler. Would a CM hyper 212 fit in this particular mobo?

7 hours ago, Raptrozz said:

It worked, everything works fine. Thank you for your advice! Goes to a very high temperature though, will have to get a cooler. Would a CM hyper 212 fit in this particular mobo?

It's more about the case clearance than the mobo. If the motherboard supports the stock Intel cooler it will also support any other intel-compatible coolers on the market.

Glad it helped!

On 6/4/2020 at 12:05 AM, 3rrant said:

It's more about the case clearance than the mobo. If the motherboard supports the stock Intel cooler it will also support any other intel-compatible coolers on the market.

Glad it helped!

I bought, and installed the CM hyper, but now the system wont boot at all. What could be the problem?