Halo: MCC stuttering/freezing every 30 seconds to a minute

drybones99

I have just started playing the campaign on Halo: Reach on the MCC, but there is an unbearable freezing problem that makes the game nearly unplayable. Every 30 seconds to a minute, the game will freeze for 1-2 seconds, and then catch up. For example, if I move forward just before one of these freezes happens, I will appear to have teleported forward after the stutter ends. It seems that inputs are still being processed, but the graphics are frozen. I could be aiming at an enemy, receive a stutter, be in the dark about my current situation for a couple of seconds, and then find out that I have just taken damage. I have attempted changing many graphics driver settings and in-game settings. I have enabled and disabled vsync on both the game and the driver. I have tried both unlimited and 60 FPS framerate options. I have tried closing all programs like Razer Synapse/Cortex, Logitech G HUB, and Corsair iCUE, to no avail. It seems that the stuttering is connected to the loading of assets, since I can go for minutes at a time with no stutters during idle moments of gameplay, only to be met with stutters during a firefight, which is the worst possible time. This can't be a hard drive issue, because I'm loading this game off an SSD.

My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, my CPU is an Intel 8700K, I have 16GB of 3600Mhz DDR4 memory, and I have a 1TB SSD that I am loading the game from. I have tried a myriad of suggestions for reducing stuttering, but nothing has worked even a little bit. I also noticed that the game can even stutter in the menu, especially when pressing ESC to bring up the menu. I have also tried using both the regular version and the anti-cheat disabled version, but nothing changed regarding this issue. I noticed that the frametime drops from 16.6ms/16.7ms (I have a 60hz monitor) to 0ms whenever the game stutters, and then it spikes before stabilizing. I also noticed that whenever these freezes occur, the VID and FB usage drops to 0 and the CPU usage on almost all cores drops significantly. I have attached a screenshot and a graph from MSI Afterburner demonstrating this issue, in addition to my DXDIAG. I can also upload a video of this problem if desired.

Frametime dips and spikes.png

DxDiag.txt HardwareMonitoring.hml

It sounds like some task that overload the cpu... try checking in taskmanager if there is anything that has a high load every 30sec to 1 min.. like if you had your ssd in a raid 1 this might have happend..  last time i had same issues while playing AC origins, it was origins game loader that was having issues in the background, so i shut down all game loaders i don't currently used and problem was solved.