Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhenixFel

Which choice is better?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Which one of these is the best for gaming and better cost to performance?

 

Having a single GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION vs. 2x MSI Gaming Radeon RX 570 256-bit 8GB running on Crossfire vs. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1070 G1...newer, more ram..more energy efficient...MUCH better.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1070 is faster than the 980Ti, but 980 has Ti in it's name.  Much cooler.  Even odds.

 

Skip the Crossfire.  


Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

1070 G1...newer, more ram..more energy efficient...MUCH better.

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

1070 is faster than the 980Ti, but 980 has Ti in it's name.  Much cooler.  Even odds.

 

Skip the Crossfire.  

Haha aaare they really at even odds? The 980ti is so much larger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PhenixFel said:

Haha aaare they really at even odds? The 980ti is so much larger. 

i had the 980ti strix back in that time and it was indeed faster than the MSI 1070 Gaming X i bought for a friend...i tested both cards on my 4770K and the 980ti OC was faster than the 1070 OC in just about everything by 10 to 15%...BUT, now i think the 1070 is better in newer games and everything...that 980ti pulls A LOT of power too and shoots heat...my 1080ti is nowhere near as bas as the OC 980ti was. Get the 1070 it'll serve you well.

 

High power draw and hot running components doesn't last as long too...980ti are getting old at this point so the chances on getting one that works NOW but won't anymore in 2 months...you know, it can happen.

 

For that reason, i'd do one even better...i'd spend a bit more for the 1070 Ti...this one came out much later in the cycle and therefore would be newer...it's a fair bit more powerful too. This one for sure blow the 980ti out of the water.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i had the 980ti strix back in that time and it was indeed faster than the MSI 1070 Gaming X i bought for a friend...i tested both cards on my 4770K and the 980ti OC was faster than the 1070 OC in just about everything by 10 to 15%...BUT, now i think the 1070 is better in newer games and everything...that 980ti pulls A LOT of power too and shoots heat...my 1080ti is nowhere near as bas as the OC 980ti was. Get the 1070 it'll serve you well.

 

High power draw and hot running components doesn't last as long too...980ti are getting old at this point so the chances on getting one that works NOW but won't anymore in 2 months...you know, it can happen.

 

For that reason, i'd do one even better...i'd spend a bit more for the 1070 Ti...this one came out much later in the cycle and therefore would be newer...it's a fair bit more powerful too. This one for sure blow the 980ti out of the water.

Thank you for the info. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×