Is it safe to overclock my 3600 on a B450M-A PRO MAX ?

Hey LTT community. I recently upgraded my rig with a Ryzen 5 3600 and a MSI B450M-A PRO MAX, and I was wondering if it was safe to overclock my CPU to 4200mhz.

I have very little knowledge of oc, and it's the very first time I'm thinking about doing it, since my last CPU was a 7400 which wasn't unlocked. I know that the mobo isn't great, so it's why I'm asking.

Sorry about any typos btw, English isn't my native language.

The OC power draw of both CPUs (1600, 3600) are the same

make yourself an conlclusion

btw. google (motherbaord name) + VRM

and you get much infomation

The problem is the 3600 sort of overclocks itself.  There isn’t much to do and even less that is useful to do.  Plus the binning on 3600s seems to be fairly random.  Some of them won’t even make advertised clocks.  The most that is normally done with ryzen is simply applying all core boost.  A true manual overclock often doesn’t buy much. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Short answer, no. 

Long answer, you could overclock it a little bit, but the new Ryzen stuff is so tuned out of the box, that all you need to do is open up Ryzen Master, and enable Precision Boost, or Auto Overclock, hit apply, and you're done.  There are a few BIOS settings that can tweak it a bit more, but no real need to do a traditional overclock with them. 

Here's a quick example.  I have a 3700x on an Aorus X570 Master mobo.  I can do an all core overclock of 4.2 and it's stable, it works great.  Or, I can enable Precision boost and it'll actually utilize each core to its max as needed.  I have two cores in my CPU that can actually get up to 4.6 or 4.7 using Precision Boost.  They aren't ramped up there all the time like an all core overclock is, but while I'm browsing the internet I don't need my CPU to be working that hard.