difference between x & xt

Whats the difference between the current Ryzen 5 3600X and upcoming 3600XT?

Can't really put this better than the article linked below:

Ryzen 5 3600 XT ‘Matisse Refresh’ Desktop CPUs Confirmed – Same Core Config, Higher Clocks & Price Cuts For Existing Models

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-3900xt-ryzen-7-3800xt-ryzen-5-3600xt-matisse-refresh-desktop-cpus-confirmed/

If your ok to wait your best to weigh up your price vs performance options in July/August

One is released the other isnt.  There may also be other differences.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, RobinD said:

Can't really put this better than the article linked below:

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-3900xt-ryzen-7-3800xt-ryzen-5-3600xt-matisse-refresh-desktop-cpus-confirmed/

If your ok to wait your best to weigh up your price vs performance options in July/August

No i mean will it be a new cpu or just a update?

Just now, Bombastinator said:

One is released the other isnt.  There may also be other differences.

Bc i just bought a ryzen 5 3600x 

it will have high clocks,but be mostly the same.  so most likely better software, and better toning on existing hardware. 

Just now, Goku1814 said:

Bc i just bought a ryzen 5 3600x 

No one knows.  There is an argument that with a late model 3600x you might be able to push it to 3600xt functionality with enough cooling.  It’s not out yet so no one who can say anything knows anything.  It’s all rumors and guessing afaik.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

No one knows.  There is an argument that with a late model 3600x you might be able to push it to 3600xt functionality with enough cooling.  It’s not out yet so no one who can say anything knows anything.  It’s all rumors and guessing afaik.

i just dont wanna end up wasting my money thats all

TBH the difference in price that the release will make and the bump in performance isn't worth stressing about. 

A 3600x will most likely get you sorted for the foreseeable future (depending on your work load).

There always a risk that the moment you click buy the price will go down. Personally i'd just get a rig up and running and enjoy it.

Just my two cents.

1 minute ago, Goku1814 said:

i just dont wanna end up wasting my money thats all

You and everyone else.

You and everyone else.

especially with everything going on right now in the world

4 minutes ago, Goku1814 said:

especially with everything going on right now in the world

Nah.  It’s pretty much always been that way.

19 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Nah.  It’s pretty much always been that way.

Is it me or are high end computer parts already getting obsolete extremely quickly? Like the Ryzen 5 3600X only has been out for almost a year now and there is already a new better one coming out soon

Edited by Goku1814

18 minutes ago, Goku1814 said:

Is it me or are high end computer parts already getting obsolete extremely quickly? Like the Ryzen 5 3600X only has been out for almost a year now and there is already a new better one coming out soon

It was always like that too.  For the last ten years or so it hasn’t though because Intel couldn’t get its thumb out regarding 14nm, and AMD couldn’t catch up.  They finally did tough so it’s back to same old same old.  Vacation over.