Sound and speakers

Noobie Dork

So I really want some good sound.  Im currently running through a nice pioneer receiver sound system. to bose speakers, and a power sub, via spidf.   But I want a more compact system.   Any ideas?  I've tried Logitech surround systems and their best 2.1 systems and I felt those were cheap and not good enough for the occasional loud Music day. 

Is there a simple but good system anywhere?  I would like to eliminate the Big sound system and don't mind large speakers.  I just want a simple clean system.

Any ideas?

Usually smaller equals less good. Are you looking to downsize the speakers themselves or just the gear running them? Can you share specific models?

That's what I'm running.    Its great but.  I want to clean this up some. And another reason. Id like to get away from spdif.   and be able to use 3.5 plugs to the pc. I can do with this. But.   Next mobo I get might not have the spidf plug

33 minutes ago, Noobie Dork said:

That's what I'm running.    Its great but.  I want to clean this up some. And another reason. Id like to get away from spdif.   and be able to use 3.5 plugs to the pc. I can do with this. But.   Next mobo I get might not have the spidf plug

Are those speakers just floating? 😅

Definitely can find a smaller amplifier, but if you wanted to re use the speakers and sub, 2.1 gets a little.... messy. It can also be tricky to find a good wall mounting solution. I'm torn between recommending new speakers and reusing what you have.

lol yeah I have them mounted on tv swivel mounts.  and This is all good and well. as I would do the same with whatever else I get. But I'm having a hard time finding anything better. 

Is there a smaller amp that would work?  This would also need to help run my 15inch sub that the stereo is currently mounted on.    

Like I said this system is Great, and you can hear it 2 blocks away. but....   

I do get ground interference noise . which is annoying.

My budget can go up to 300. but I'd prefer not to lol. 

20 minutes ago, Noobie Dork said:

I do get ground interference noise . which is annoying.

Do you mean like a ground loop, or an electrical hum that's always present?

Not sure,.    Its a low hum I hear. It goes up and down when I turn up, or down,  the volume.

• 2 weeks later...

can your amp breath ? with your printer on top of it its probably not ideal.

Having had experience with Logitech 2.1 systems, I can't fathom how they'd possibly not be loud enough for you. My brother had the z623 and it would shake the windows all throughout the house. and it's not a small house. It was actually rather aggravating as he's a total C and has to have them on full volume as much as possible.

#Muricaparrotgang

LMAO.    Yeah I tried logitech 2.1. tghen tried the 5.1. and the best 7.1,   all where crap.     I added an old grounding box to the outlet and it knocked out most of my hum.   Then 2 day ago, the spidif on my amp failed.   They all seem to be slowly failing.    I may be on the last out of the 6 on the amp.  

It could be the heat.    I will move the printer.  😜

Thx all