Ram compatibly please help

1 minute ago, JJ_J said:

Maybe I could order some quality ram from amazon, I'll test them out and if they have te same  problem I could send them back and ask for a MOBO replacement? Could this be a solution? 

Because as always the MOBO says the problem is the ram when the pc don't boot, so maybe it really is the ram?

You could if you like buy some cheap 

Ripjaws V kit and test it out and if the ram is at fault well then now we know 

You could also inspect the cpu just to make sure there isn't any bent pins

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

12 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

You could if you like buy some cheap 

Ripjaws V kit and test it out and if the ram is at fault well then now we know 

You could also inspect the cpu just to make sure there isn't any bent pins

I've already checked the CPU, and it's perfect, in fact talking with a friend working in the field he told me that if it was a faulty cpu or a bent pin the instability would be way more, it wouldn't be just a boot problem only sometimes, it would have problems in dealing with big tasks and loading in the ram a lot of data would probably crash. Is this correct? (Sorry but I'm not that much into hardware isse, I'm on the software side lol)

He also said that normally if the mobo detects something wrong that means the mobo is fine, it wouldn't detect the problem if it is a mobo problem or anyway it would be a consistent problem, so it would happen every time. He thinks it's a BIOS issue, they messed up something in the bios and my ram which is not the best quality is more unstable that maybe a top quality one. Or maybe it's a plain compatibility issue with Ryzen and old low quality ram, Ryzen is known to be picky with ram and quality.

And, I'm thinking on buys a ram listed in the QVL this way if it doesn't work I can blame Asus and ask for a mobo replacement and if that doesn't work I'll try to contact AMD.

9 minutes ago, JJ_J said:

And, I'm thinking on buys a ram listed in the QVL this way if it doesn't work I can blame Asus and ask for a mobo replacement and if that doesn't work I'll try to contact AMD.

You can try that but if it didn't work you can just send the kit back 

9 minutes ago, JJ_J said:

it was a faulty cpu or a bent pin the instability would be way more, it wouldn't be just a boot problem only sometimes, it would have problems in dealing with big tasks and loading in the ram a lot of data would probably crash. Is this correct?

I don't understand fully if your friend means that if it was bent pins writing and reading off to the ram it wouldn't do that 

If you mean that then no it would not be the case 

If it was bent pins that had to do with the imc then booting with dual channel could cause you to just not boot at all or you would not be able to get to the advertised speeds no matter what 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

57 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I don't understand fully if your friend means that if it was bent pins writing and reading off to the ram it wouldn't do that 

If you mean that then no it would not be the case 

If it was bent pins that had to do with the imc then booting with dual channel could cause you to just not boot at all or you would not be able to get to the advertised speeds no matter what 

He meant that if it is bent pins in the cpu the error would be consistent, it would happen every time, not only some times. I'm not sure if it is correct what he's saying

1 minute ago, JJ_J said:

He meant that if it is bent pins in the cpu the error would be consistent, it would happen every time, not only some times. I'm not sure if it is correct what he's saying

In this case yes he is right 

Build Log: 

30 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

In this case yes he is right 

Yeah so being the error inconsistent, sometimes I turn on my pc and it boots fine, some times I need to reboot he said it's more a compatibility/BIOS issue, because, in his opinion, if something at the hardware level it's broke the error is consistent, if it's broke... it's broke. There are no chances for it to work sometimes. Thus it must be a software-related problem.
Is this correct?

Just now, JJ_J said:

Yeah so being the error inconsistent, sometimes I turn on my pc and it boots fine, some times I need to reboot he said it's more a compatibility/BIOS issue, because, in his opinion, if something at the hardware level it's broke the error is consistent, if it's broke... it's broke. There are no chances for it to work sometimes. Thus it must be a software-related problem.
Is this correct?

If it is a bios error then it will also be consistent

Try updating the chipset drivers

Build Log: 

• 2 weeks later...

@TofuHaroto

Hello, so, quarantine is over here, I've been able to test a new ram on my pc and, surprise surprise the same problem, the ram is this: BL2K8G36C16U4B.

So, now that I've tested everything, I came to the conclusion that is a bug in the BIOS (versions 1407), because as always the problem comes and goes, without a sense, sometimes I turn on my pc and it boots at the first try, sometimes after ten times.

If it was a hardware problem, like a faulty motherboard or a damaged CPU I think I would happen every single time, am I right?

I'm pretty sad about it tho. I've built a lot of PCs for my friends and never got a problem, I build my own and it's just a huge problem.