Ram question

So once again I find myself doing too much research and confusing myself. I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one.
I currently have 16 gigs if gskill 3000 MHz overclocked to 3200 MHz.
I'm looking at upgrading to 32gigs of ram. I've recently started streaming and I'm finding myself using 12+ of my 16 gigs if ram which I believe is the reason why my stream is getting glitchy mainly when I stream GTA / five m as it requires a ton of applications to be open ( discord, steam, team speak, GTA/fivem plus strramlabs).

Question 1
I have a prime z390-a motherboard,2080 ti and 8700k cpu. Does this support quad channel ? Also what is quad channel? and do I need it ? All of my research has just confused me more than I already was.

Question 2
I stream and game from 1pc. Is 32gigs of ram pretty much essential ? Also what do you recommend ? I've been looking at Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz 4x8 gig

16 GB should be Okay for now but a bit more could be good for the future 

and no your mainboard does not support quad channel just HEDT-Intel CPUs support quadchannel

1 minute ago, _Omega_ said:

and no your mainboard does not support quad channel just HEDT-Intel CPUs support quadchannel

quad channel just confuses me all together.  there is so much conflicting information online.  

do you mean that you could have a motherboard and or cpu that support it?  if so does my 8700k? or is that irrelevant if my motherboard dosen't support it ?

Just now, pbennett said:

quad channel just confuses me all together.  there is so much conflicting information online.  

do you mean that you could have a motherboard and or cpu that support it?  if so does my 8700k? or is that irrelevant if my motherboard dosen't support it ?

the 8700K isnt a HEDT Processor, it only supports dual channel you would need a X99, X199 or X299 for more than dual channel on intel and a matching CPU