Need help Deciding a keyboard from Corsair.

vbob100

Hey,

I've come across a fork in the road, I need help deciding on whether to get the Corsair K95 with speed switches or K70 MK.2 with blue switches. They are both available for the same price. I like the clickyness of blues but, how well does that work out for daily use, will it get annoying and such. I'd like a switch that is "comfortable" for typing and gaming. Should I go with the K95 for clout, RGB light bar, and dedicated programmable keys. This will be my first mechanical keyboard purchase. I don't know much about how mx speed switches feel since I never tested them. My current keyboard is a Dell Multimedia Pro, I use the home and calculator shortcut quite a bit, should I go with the K70 and remap pause/break and print screen keys or get the K95 and use the G keys, do such shortcuts exist in icue, if not I could probably learn to live without the shortcuts. 

In summary, whats a good switch for typing and gaming, K95 or K70, and what are your opinions. 

Links:

K90 Platinum

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-k95-rgb-platinum-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-speed-rgb-led-backlit-black/5713210.p?skuId=5713210

K70 MK.2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D5W7R2X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I'm also open to any corsair deals that y'all might find to be better. 

If they're the same price, I feel like you're getting more for the same price out of the K95. I also have the K95, and I like the MX Speeds. I enjoy the tactile feel of blues, but I feel like they get inconvenient after a while, when your mic is picking up every key stroke, and people can hear you typing from different rooms.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Both are very mediocre keyboards, even among other modern "gaming" keyboards.

I'd build a custom but if these are your only two options, get whichever one that has switches you prefer (try both, maybe).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

If you want to play it safe, Brown (tactile) switches are used by the vast majority of people (result from 2017 r/mk poll).  If you haven't really tried many switches they are likely the right choice.

Since you can get both for the same price, I would pick the K95.  But why do you specifically want a Corsair board?  Their boards are pretty expensive for what you get and their only defining feature is the RGB.  In most other threads we usually recommend other brands such as Ducky who often have better build quality for less money.

6 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

Maybe just to try it, bcs mostly reason why people buy mechanical keyboards are only bcs everyone else is buying it curently :)

That's not true at all.  The vast majority of people buy mechanical keyboards because they offer a much nicer experience to type on.  Any recent surge in mech board sales are likely cause by people spending more time on their computers and now realising that they would prefer using a mech board

23 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'd build a custom

doubt he'd do that, it is probably way more expensive than what he is prepared to spend. however, what about something like a ducky?

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

Just now, _DeXTeR_ said:

Its so nice to here click clack sound while playing :) Lol pls its like fashion 1970Lewis is back in 2020 :)

what the hell are you talking about

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

Just now, _DeXTeR_ said:

So you really want only to have PC in two build factory. Lol thats waste of money. Buy what is best for money to performance thats my moto.

I could describe it like the apple ecosystem, because of it popularity there's usually a lot of community mods. There's also simplicity, ique can control a lot. I don't want to have a seperate app to control motherboard rgb and a seperate app for keyboard and etc. I kind of think of it as the pc version of the "apple tax," I'll pay more now but in the long run it'll pay off on support, software, and warranty.

5 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

doubt he'd do that, it is probably way more expensive than what he is prepared to spend. however, what about something like a ducky?

I gave that a look, I think I'll just stick with something that can easily sync up my rgb and doesn't require extra software. I'm also looking for a full keyboard layout with volume knob and preferably media keys, I think it would be cheaper to go with a corsair keyboard than to build a mechanical keyboard with similar functions.