Can anyone help fix/tell me why i got a BSOD?

Vader
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Looking at the dump file, it appears to blame cdd.dll, which appears to be part of Windows, so is probably not the true cause. The dump also references failure to access memory, which suggests that it may be a memory issue. However, since it has only occurred once, you can ignore it because it is not uncommon for systems to randomly blue screen very occasionally, either due to a bug in Windows or a driver, or due to very minor hardware faults. On the other hand, if the problem persists, the first thing to check would be your memory.

So i was playing CS:Go a few minutes ago, alt tabbed to reply to someone on skype, and i got a BSOD. The error was 

System_service_exception 0x0000003B

My specs are in my sig, and im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

boot in to safe mode and run an antivirus scan.

Then update all drives for your PC. mainly Chipset and graphics drivers these can be downloaded from respective manufacturer's websites.

open admin cmd and run "sfc /scannow" with out quotes.

see how you go from there.

Edit: drivers not drives.

Could just be unstable hardware. I had an unstable HDD that gave me BSOD, when i changed it the problem dissapeared. This only applys if it happens often./ 

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Can you follow the instructions in the sticky Read before asking for help... and upload the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump to a compressed archive (.zip .7z etc) to a file sharing website like dropbox or mega so that we can take a look at the dump files and identify the issue for you.

HTTP/2 203

Can you follow the instructions in the sticky Read before asking for help... and upload the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump to a compressed archive (.zip .7z etc) to a file sharing website like dropbox or mega so that we can take a look at the dump files and identify the issue for you.

Sure. Wasn't sure if it would be needed. Here you go http://www.mediafire.com/download/75icss9ucdk0r2s/022214-3775-01.zip

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Looking at the dump file, it appears to blame cdd.dll, which appears to be part of Windows, so is probably not the true cause. The dump also references failure to access memory, which suggests that it may be a memory issue. However, since it has only occurred once, you can ignore it because it is not uncommon for systems to randomly blue screen very occasionally, either due to a bug in Windows or a driver, or due to very minor hardware faults. On the other hand, if the problem persists, the first thing to check would be your memory.

HTTP/2 203

My memory has been giving me issues since i got it. Like when I've moved my PC to a different house, i'd get stuck in a boot loop and have to reseat the memory. Thank you for the help! 

PC Specs