Corsair K70 Arrived Today

dgtL

Hmm, but the k70 or wait until the k95 comes out .. decisions, decisions..

I think you should get the k70 if you don't need that much macro keys.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I might be able to get some better pictures but this is a good start. I love this keyboard

post-15888-0-37767000-1370830540_thumb.j

post-15888-0-86741200-1370830544_thumb.j

post-15888-0-51875000-1370830551_thumb.j

post-15888-0-58534400-1370830556_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys; sorry ive been  on a along vacation on a massive roller coaster binge.

So, can I ask, are these very visible at all when installed or not? In a cool way if so?

Any chance of a pic of the keyboard with them on?

And, do they affect the noise level/quality?

Any other impressions? - thks

It goes in between the two halves of the cherry switch so it is not really visable once installed. I will try and get some pics but ive got a lot to catch up on after a long vacation and a busy summer.

Oh and i would say the noise levels after the stickers have been installed has barely changed tbh. but there is def more stability.

I think you should get the k70 if you don't need that much macro keys.

I agree. plus the k95 look off with the break in the aluminum panel.

Blue and Brown switches are coming soon! Replacing my K90 with K70 Blue when it comes out.

ahh you guys and your tactile/audible feedback. xD

I might be able to get some better pictures but this is a good start. I love this keyboard

thanks for posting some pics.

yeah the k70 looks pretty awesome.  I've been pretty set on the k95 but i just wont use that many macro keys. And i was a little against the k70 for the red back light but with the black anodised aluminium back plate, it looks pretty sick.  I might just have to change the colour theme of my build to red :S

yeah the k70 looks pretty awesome.  I've been pretty set on the k95 but i just wont use that many macro keys. And i was a little against the k70 for the red back light but with the black anodised aluminium back plate, it looks pretty sick.  I might just have to change the colour theme of my build to red :S

It also comes in silver with blue leds, that's the one I got. They're also coming out with one that's gunmetal with blue leds.

PC Specs: CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v lx | RAM: 8GB Patriot memory | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti | PSU: Corsair GS500

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair K70 Silver/Blue | Mouse: Logitech G500s | Speakers: Logitech Z506 | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor 

It also comes in silver with blue leds, that's the one I got. They're also coming out with one that's gunmetal with blue leds.

now thats cool to hear. i personally love/have the black with red setup so this goes good but i bet that gunmetal and blue will look dope.

​omg... gun metal!  Does it come in gun metal and blue??

​omg... gun metal!  Does it come in gun metal and blue??

Yes, I said.. gun metal with blue leds

PC Specs: CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v lx | RAM: 8GB Patriot memory | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti | PSU: Corsair GS500

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair K70 Silver/Blue | Mouse: Logitech G500s | Speakers: Logitech Z506 | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor 

now thats cool to hear. i personally love/have the black with red setup so this goes good but i bet that gunmetal and blue will look dope.

Yea, the reason I went with blue LED's is because my whole setup is blue. Red also kind of hurts my eyes.

yeah same.  The red did look cool though on the k70.  Hmmm.... I don't know!!!  What do I do? Help me Jebus!

• 5 weeks later...

hey D1G1TALD3ATH I just got my k70 in yesterday and it is an awesome board. Have you gotten around to installing the new springs yet? I was looking to swap the springs out on mine with 65g springs but I was curious to see how easy it was and if you liked it at all with the heavier springs. 

One of the things I like about this KB is that it will be much easier to keep clean. I may actually have to invest in one of these though http://amzn.com/B001J4ZOAW blow it out regularly since you can see the crud under it. I was trying to wait for the gunmetal with the brown switches but my g15 was dying very quickly and I ran out of time to wait. That being said other than the red lighting which actually isn't too bad I have been very happy with red switches. 

i'm not sure if i should buy k70 right now, or wait a bit more for the k70 w/brown switches.

i'm not sure if i should buy k70 right now, or wait a bit more for the k70 w/brown switches.

The build quality on Corsairs is superb, so you shouldn't have any problem selling it for a high price if you decide you get one now.

installing the springs is quite easy on the k70 and k95. its not the same keyboard but here is a picture of a very similar setup...

20130310214522.jpg

installing the springs is quite easy on the k70 and k95. its not the same keyboard but here is a picture of a very similar setup...

Why would you want springs?

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

WHat do the O-Rings do exatly?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

WHat do the O-Rings do exatly?

Correct me if I'm wrong but they help to dampen the noise and also give the switch a softer feel upon pressing it down.

Desktop - 3930k | Rampage IV Extreme | 64gb Vengeance RAM | 256gb 840 Pro | 2x MSI 7870 | Corsair 900D | Creative SB Z | Sennheiser HD280 | Logitech G710+ | Razer Mamba | My salary's worth of water cooling.

Server/NAS - i5-4570 | Gigabyte Z97 Ud5h | 32gb Crucial 1600mhz | 500gb Samsung 850 evo | 4x 4tb WD Reds | Corsair H80 | Bitfenix Shinobi | Windows 7 Pro |

you can get different orings some change the feel some dont but they all help reduce the noise from bottoming out a cherry key. The springs are in every cherry mx key so by changing them you can change the force needed to actuate the key. i basically made my keys blacks by adding 65g actuation force springs.

The moment this keyboard comes out with brown switches it's mine.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Can you get this in the silver/blue lighting with brown switches?

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Can you get this in the silver/blue lighting with brown switches?

In the next couple of days you can get a k70 in a gunmetal colour and blue lighting (I believe). Also with either brown or blue switches.

In the next couple of days you can get a k70 in a gunmetal colour and blue lighting (I believe). Also with either brown or blue switches.

Cool, so by the end of the month at least?

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

k70 or ducky shine 3? :lol:

k70 or ducky shine 3? :lol:

Depends on what you want (I'm not really a Ducky fanboy btw). I like Ducky for the sheer number of difference switches and color schemes you can get. Alternatively, I think the K70 is a more aesthetically pleasing keyboard. Media keys are nice too!