Help me please I’m new

Muffin Cake
Go to solution Solved by 5x5,
2 hours ago, Muffin Cake said:

Alright sorry for late reply but what PSU do you think I should get than since you had your opinions on the platinum one. Which PSU should I get to match the R5 1600 AF and gigabyte 1660super. And btw I will upgrade that cpu to a 3600 in the future 

If the platinum nod l is indeed 23$ get that. Else, a Corsair TXM 550W or Be Quiet Pure Power Gold 550W

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No, not really. The only situation in which the Tomahawk is good is when you need a 3900X but can't afford X570

Mmm.. the tomahawk has got a pile of nice features besides the honkin VRM though.  Very full featured board.  Plus of course it can take a 3900x.  Dude did say he was looking at future upgrades. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, ItzCopiouz said:

I think the max is a solid choice for many budgets.

It can be.  It’s at the top end of b450.  I understand there’s a b550 of it out now.  I know nothing about that one.

as far as b450 goes if one needs to find some cash there is a cheaper board or two one can get away with.   I’m recalling seeing ~$88 for something that was still ok.  It’s kinda how bad do you need to find $25 to make budget

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, 5x5 said:

$23, not 230 my friend.

A 3600 is more than good enough for streaming. Remember, we used to stream with much slower 7700Ks just three years ago

Alright sorry for late reply but what PSU do you think I should get than since you had your opinions on the platinum one. Which PSU should I get to match the R5 1600 AF and gigabyte 1660super. And btw I will upgrade that cpu to a 3600 in the future 

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

$23 for a safe PSU. I am stupefied.  That’s diablotek money.  I didn’t think safe PSUs existed for much under $70

I might just go buy one myself just on principle.

If it’s $23 and it’s safe it’s a clear winner.  Strikes me as a typo but if it can be had it can be had.

So than what PSU should I use then.? For a R5 1600 AF ? I am going to upgrade than in. The future to a 3600 so keep that in mind

2 hours ago, Muffin Cake said:

If the platinum nod l is indeed 23$ get that. Else, a Corsair TXM 550W or Be Quiet Pure Power Gold 550W

5 hours ago, Muffin Cake said:

So than what PSU should I use then.? For a R5 1600 AF ? I am going to upgrade than in. The future to a 3600 so keep that in mind

The 1600af isn’t a gigantic ton slower than a 3600. slower yes.  Might be worth holding off if you get one and seeing what the upcoming generation of zen brings. If you wind up with a tomahawk or something with big VRM it could be worth holding off and saving up for something bigger.  That’s the future though and who knows what it will have in it.  This move of intels to not attempt to fight for market share with AMD but instead to go bigger and hotter and more expensive may mean AMD may just raise prices.  One other unknown is how many cores will be needed in 2021/2022.  That one depends in part on what developers write for games that haven’t been finished yet.

18 hours ago, ItzCopiouz said:

Where did you find that PSU for that low please link me that , I can’t seem to find it even when I click ur link

17 minutes ago, Muffin Cake said:

Where did you find that PSU for that low please link me that , I can’t seem to find it even when I click ur link

I tried too.  Link was to amazon which is listing as out of stock.  Might have been too slow.  That was a butt smackin deal for a PSU.

UPDATE:  

looked about on the web.  Several places are also out of stock.  The only place I could find that had one for sale was B&H.  They want $140 for it.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I tried too.  Link was to amazon which is listing as out of stock.  Might have been too slow.  That was a butt smackin deal for a PSU.

Rippppp ima keep that in mind if does go back in stock tho

3 minutes ago, Muffin Cake said:

Rippppp ima keep that in mind if does go back in stock tho

My suspicion was someone typed and it was supposed to be 129.99.  It’s in keeping with the 139.99 B&H is selling it for.

23 hours ago, Muffin Cake said:

Yeah, I cant find that either. I would reccomend the EVGA BQ then.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.